Midwestern Model Works Redux

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7

Re: Midwestern Model Works Redux

Postby E7 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:37 pm

bob turner wrote:They haven't been pissed at me for a while - but I posted something not train related last year and they went apoplectic. Even e-mailed me with a personal note. If you are going to go off-topic, make sure it is a prayer solicitation.

Just type hallelujah at the end of all your posts. :wink:

herronpeter

Postby herronpeter » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:46 pm

They shit-canned a post of mine enquiring about a "difference of opinion" between Norm Pullen and Scott Mann. It was sort of a test as I knew Melvin was gone and Scott Mann has "favored nation status" but I thought it might last longer than 3 replies! NOT—-LOL!

Peter

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:52 pm

up148 wrote:I have no horse in this race, but was always surprised at how long some importers took from deposits to delivery. MMW does the same payment routine as KOH's, with big deposit up front, 2nd substantial progress payment and a final payment before shipment. Not comfortable with that schedule as the customer takes all the risk. At least KEY, OMI and 3rd Rail build models with their money.

The difference I see between Kohs and MMW is that Kohs has brought in SEVERAL projects and MMW zip. That's not necessarily criticism, simply statistics, but if I had a reservation for an SD45, I might be getting a little antsy.

I'll go along with Chris W. in that I don't think OMI has done any O scale in several years. Key nothing since their factory burned, ans 3rd Rail of what was mentioned.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:03 pm

herronpeter wrote:They shit-canned a post of mine enquiring about a "difference of opinion" between Norm Pullen and Scott Mann. It was sort of a test as I knew Melvin was gone and Scott Mann has "favored nation status" but I thought it might last longer than 3 replies! NOT—-LOL! Peter

Well now Peter it is O Gauge Railroading and NOT O Scale Railroading, even though the 3 rail guys appropriate the word "scale" at every opportunity! :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:55 am

Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

herronpeter

Postby herronpeter » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:17 am

E7, just to clarify, I did post it on the 2 rail forum which is titled "2-rail scale".

Peter

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:24 am

Chris Webster wrote:
up148 wrote:At least KEY, OMI and 3rd Rail build models with their money.
I thought OMI was no longer importing?

Should have added "built" in the case of OMI. But, the point I was making is some importers do/did build models with either a very small deposit or no deposit at all. I don't like to fund a project. The only difference I see between GK and Mark when it comes to importing is age, which if you have money invested is a big deal, as anything can happen to us oldsters. I wonder how all the deposit holders would feel if either GK or Mark passed from Covid?

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:43 am

herronpeter wrote:E7, just to clarify, I did post it on the 2 rail forum which is titled "2-rail scale".

Peter

Unfortunately, a fair amount of those twits can't seem to tell the difference. They come in from the side bar and have no clue, and are too lazy to check what sub-forum they are in.

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:50 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I see that someone is trying to ask the same question again now

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... #lastReply

Wonder what Vegas puts the odds at that it will last the day?

Been up an hour so far.....I think we are closing in on a record! :mrgreen:

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:47 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I see that someone is trying to ask the same question again now

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... #lastReply

Wonder what Vegas puts the odds at that it will last the day?

When Big Al sees the Mid Western Diesel title, he probably thinks they are posting about short lines in Iowa.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:19 pm

From NK:

I keep bugging him to do a progress report but he is busy with his primary business.

If his primary business keeps him from a simple e-mail now and then to his depositors, how would one expect him to devote any time to the actual project?

LarryK

Postby LarryK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:09 am

bob turner wrote:From NK:

I keep bugging him to do a progress report but he is busy with his primary business.

If his primary business keeps him from a simple e-mail now and then to his depositors, how would one expect him to devote any time to the actual project?

His primary business is two people and one of them has been out of commission for quite a while.
No Comment!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:28 am

Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:37 pm

His primary business is two people and one of them has been out of commission for quite a while

Then his e-mail should so state:

"Dear fellow modelers - my partner has encountered difficulties, and I must devote time to my primary business. Progress has been delayed on our fine models. I promise to keep you updated."

Exactly how would that affect his primary business? Took me a minute to compose.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”