NW2 thread?

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
ScaleCraft

NW2 thread?

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:01 pm

Couldn't find it.
So, another!
Started as a 2-rail. Got the shell from a forum member as he didn't want to destroy it, but wanted to paint one differently.
So, we swapped shells. I had one, black, three-rail with Dallee reverser. Since I like NP, I swapped trucks, lights, bell and end beams (long slot 3-rail with Thomas couplers). Just track tested it (across the flip-up section, too!).
Pretty. Plus one of my A-N or Walthers NYC caboose bashes with Lionel cupola.
Haven't re-lettered the tender behind it yet. That's a pre-war 226E with postwar trucks and coupler. Nice engine.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

De Bruin

Re: NW2 thread?

Postby De Bruin » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Very cool Dave, between the NW's arrestors and that nifty shorty caboose you clearly have it visually working well.
Let me know if you still want that F5 shell and chassis.
Pete
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:32 pm

Glad that spectacular paint/decal job made it to someone who appreciates it. Mine will be orange and grey "Larry's Trucking" style, with permanently glued and sanded cab ends.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:08 pm

Didn't want to unmask you as the donor. Nice paint, nice shell.
Mine is just basic black.

Only oddity was brass sleeves in the headlight housings. Probably for GOW bulbs. I had a brass tube, just knocked them out of this shell, returning then if you want to install them. Drop of epoxy on inside, nothing in the fit area, so the came out clean.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:19 pm

De Bruin wrote:Very cool Dave, between the NW's arrestors and that nifty shorty caboose you clearly have it visually working well.
Let me know if you still want that F5 shell and chassis.
Pete

Yes. I can use it!

The cabeese...have three or so of these in 3-rail, another couple in 2-rail.
Five buck (or free) Walthers or A-N wood NYC cabeese (oh, Lord!) and looking at a photo (actually visited one or two of the real thing) to get a "feel' for it, and started cutting. Used a bench grinder to take the wood out from the underside of one end of the roof I cut. Bolsters, trucks and couplers and it's 2-rail again. There were a couple of versions, one with the "bathroom window", small, on one end past the cupola. Found those Lionel cupolas (never, ever saw a decent one from Walthers or A-N, brass with oddball wood roof stuck in, even had one or two cardstock cupolas) that worked just right. Still have a couple of cupolas still wrapped up for if I want to do it again. I have several Lionel cabeese (!) I started with...on a cabeese storage track...no money then....hand-painted with a brush and Floquil, decaled, wax paper for window glazing if I didn't have the window insert...ladders, toolboxes. They worked, but these are better!
Rare! Vintage! Collectible! I need an evilbait account!

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”