Quite the “beast” here...........!

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Re: Quite the “beast” here...........!

Postby bob turner » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Has to be somebody's imagination - and the tender looks like an afterthought, even if of better quality.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:37 pm

rogruth wrote:I have never been a user in any way of e-ba---oops, evil bait. Just never really understood it.
If U ever had thoughts of using it I think that the writings I often see posted by many of youse guys would quickly lead me away from that. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roger, I've bought a ton of stuff on fleabay, and have gotten some great buys. It's pretty much common sense. Look at the seller's feedback. If it's bad be careful. Will the seller accept returns? (most do) If they don't, another reason to be careful. If the pictures are bad, definitely stay away. Watch out for ridiculous shipping charges. There is no rocket science involved. Caveat Emptor regardless of where you are shopping, on the Bay or at home.

Add to that, you see items from all over the country and you don't have to spend any money on gas.

Most of the items posted here are on the junky side and are posted for the sake of humor.
Last edited by E7 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have met the enemy and he is us!" Pogo Possum

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:47 pm

De Bruin wrote:Whew, but it would be actually interesting to truly determine with regard to that kluged listing what the provenance and prototype for the engine itself is.

The Duluth Missabe & Iron Range had one that looks like a good suspect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2-8-8-4
"We have met the enemy and he is us!" Pogo Possum

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Roger, what Rich said about da'Bay, so true and you know my experience is most everyone here I know goes out of their way to a fault to get their listings on Ebay correct. Seriously.
Hence the sarcasm and derision, imo primarily because well you know....our parents would've beat our *** if we lied for profit ( alternatively some of us just take our faith seriously) but I digress because we buy, sell and trade amongst ourselves all....the.... time as in never underestimate peer influence as a motivating factor right?
BTW, got a lot of Lionel 027 in the basement just looking for a buyer....... :wink:
Crisis Consultant remediating legal-media issues; neutralizing health science academy studies, bureau findings, personal media histories etc. Dis-inform with simulated facts etc. your daily atrocity no big deal.
contact morbo@predatorsdontfeelguilt.com

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Unfortunately I am not in the market for anything. Except new eyes, fingers, legs----oh a whole new body.
My kids will probably use some service to dispose of my small amount of stuff. Not worth the effort to me.
The small amount of money that might be gotten from selling my stuff will be more useful to them than to me.
I do think if I wanted to use e-bay I could do it. Reading the comments has shown me a lot about what to look for.

Thanks for your comments. I will be looking for more.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”