Another Seacrest Auction

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
up148

Re: Another Seacrest Auction

Postby up148 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:07 pm

I don't attend shows anymore, so have no idea of the pricing there but asked a friend to give me his thoughts on the March Meet this weekend. Everything is supply and demand and on EB you seldom have direct competition, but at a show it would be different...at least it used to be. Lower prices sold and higher prices went home with the seller.

I recently made what I consider to be a good buy on some KEY Samhongsa built E units, but at the same time, I've seen them sell recently for ridiculous money on EB. So, if you turn over a few rocks, decent buys are still out there.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:23 pm

Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:02 pm

I have done that. Not by explicit tags, but if somebody offered a ridiculously high price I would double it with a smile. Once a guy took me up on it - my CBQ Hudson sold for ten times its value. I tried to talk the guy out of it but he insisted. He wasn't happy, so I told him I would buy it back for the same amount. He kept it. New owners apparently run it on good DC power, but the purchaser was using a Lionel step-transformer, and couldn't figure out how to make it go slow.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”