Cheap-O-Scale Gets Some Love

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
R.K. Maroon

Cheap-O-Scale Gets Some Love

Postby R.K. Maroon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:54 am

Pete, Phil, and I have been discussing this set of upgraded AHM C-Liners:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-2-Rail-NYC-Rivarossi-plastic-body-with-CLW-mechanisms-AA-Diesels/232424019059

I don't recall ever seeing a set go for this much before (and there are five days left to go). Phil has pointed out that CLW conversion sets alone typically bring more than this, but it is often the case that the completed model sells for less than the value of the constituent parts.

Jim
Slow progress is better than no progress

up148

Re: Cheap-O-Scale Gets Some Love

Postby up148 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Decent paint, aftermarket gearboxes (looks like CLW) and drive and you gotta be a NYC fan. Honestly, a lot of train for $260.00 if you can't do it yourself IMHO.

BH

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Still, plastic. I may some day convert one of these to metal. They seemed accurate.

Other than MTH, these are the only C-liners in O Scale. Opinion.

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:19 pm

I second Butch's observation; the fact that there's pair of them here both powered, sporting an accurate scheme (which I can attest is pretty tedious to render on one unit much less two, ) and are re-powered and modified to CPA-24-5's (for me hands down the coolest part of this) is nothing to sneeze at. Its been a longtime ambition of mine to do one of these in the Orange and Grey Long Island Dashing Dan Scheme.
Pete
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:56 am

Oh, you are right! They have PA trucks on the rear. The CLW PA trucks are the best! If I wasn't doing an Erie-Built, I would have to do one of these. I assume they were lengthened?

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:52 pm

You can convert the Rivarossi C-liner car body (which I believe is a CPA-16-4) into a CPA version by razoring off the underbody skirt extension behind the fuel tank, just like the proto-type. I believe C-liner car bodies were all the same length regardless of the truck configuration. Getting the truck set and frame built and the whole deal assembled and mounted is another matter.
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:34 pm

To be clear the AHM car body is closest to the Canadian Pacific's CPA-16-4 in that it is a four axle unit with the Steam Generator 'bumps' on the roof.
The only SG equipped four axled C-liner version that I'm aware of. Too bad AHM didn't do that scheme; maroon and gray, with the beaver/shield herald. ooo la la

R.K. Maroon

Postby R.K. Maroon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Pete, your avatar is not consistent with the claim made in your signature.

...or maybe that's the point

R.K. Maroon

Postby R.K. Maroon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 pm

R.K. Maroon wrote:Pete, your avatar is not consistent with the claim made in your signature.
...or maybe that's the point

To be clear:

Signature.JPG
Signature.JPG (9.69 KiB) Viewed 3149 times

Avatar.JPG (10.56 KiB) Viewed 3149 times

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”