Two questions about this ad..............

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
herronpeter

Two questions about this ad..............

Postby herronpeter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 am

One, how did that helper engine under the tender get steam and why the rear truck instead of front like all others. Two, wouldn't you think a dealer would offer the standard front, rt. side, l side, rear, top and bottom shots, especially on such a high end model?

Technically, that's 3 questions.......................oh well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-BRASS-OVERLAN ... SwJq1ZapBA

Peter

milepost57

Re: Two questions about this ad..............

Postby milepost57 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 am

my guess would be that the tender booster engine was located on the rear truck because that's where most of the weight was as opposed
to the front truck.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:36 pm

milepost57 wrote:my guess would be that the tender booster engine was located on the rear truck because that's where most of the weight was as opposed
to the front truck.

On that model, with an empty fuel bunker, maybe, if it had water in the tank.
I don't know if I've seen one with booster on the rear tender truck.
Example:
One cubic yard of water weighs 1,685.55 pounds.
One cubic yard of coal weighs 2,103 pounds (varies greatly on what type and where it was mined).
Water legs extend along the sides of the coal bunker, adding more water weight there to the existing weight of coal.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:07 am

herronpeter wrote:One, how did that helper engine under the tender get steam and why the rear truck instead of front like all others. Two, wouldn't you think a dealer would offer the standard front, rt. side, l side, rear, top and bottom shots, especially on such a high end model? Peter

I am totally appalled...........you've posted a link to a REALLY NICE loco! :mrgreen:

Guessing the steam would get to the tender via some kind of piping, but I didn't look at the images too hard.

As for the number of Pics, the seller is wheel chair bound, so taking pics is likely a real chore. A return option is offered, so I wouldn't sweat buying this one.

Rich

big bad jim

Postby big bad jim » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:06 pm

The Central Vermont had some consolidations in the N-5-a class with boosters on the rear tender trucks.

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:59 pm

There have a been couple of recent listings for these L&NE decapods. I agree these are REALLY cool looking locomotives. I wonder how sturdy the factory drives are on these?
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 pm

The earlier the production, the more unreliable the drive. That's opinion, not based on a large survey of models. Soldering is in the same vicinity - these may be display models, best kept under glass.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”