Pullman passenger car handrails

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Pullman passenger car handrails

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue May 30, 2017 12:07 pm

texas&pacific wrote:Thank you, Gents.
Hey Rufus, yes, you noticed that on the prototype pic that the "L" handrail actually "kinks out" to let the chain pass. :mrgreen: Right now, chain will pass/fit OK. Plus this "L" handrail has a "squirrelly lookin' J curve" on where it attaches to the body on the lower end. I use highly technical descriptors on all my model bits.I may try more exotic handrail shapes with brass, as 0.032 music wire is pretty much the upper limit on what I can shape with the tool/skills I have.

That's hard bending - brass wire that size is usually plenty tough...car ends don't seem to get all that much handling...usually.

Also, plan to add nut/washer casting on end as you suggested.

After paint, they look fine....

BTW, who's pic is that on your BIO shot? No clue.

Clue is usually my current signature quotation........Harlan Ellison
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

texas&pacific

Postby texas&pacific » Tue May 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks. May go down to something below 0.032 on the brass. The Kratville reference pic disappeared, not sure why as it is the same Photobucket folder as all the others, and I inserted the image name alone as all others. Any clue? :?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue May 30, 2017 12:24 pm

texas&pacific wrote: Any clue? :?

No. Seems to be still in your folder, :wink:

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

texas&pacific

Postby texas&pacific » Tue May 30, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks Rufus. Link comes on and off as I refresh the browser. Maybe the Elbownian (just south of Slobobia) Hacker Association has some wire bending pics now. BTW, now I remember Harlan Edison, of EC comic book and science fiction fame- "Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman. Very cool indeed.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
texas&pacific wrote:Thank you, Gents.
Hey Rufus, yes, you noticed that on the prototype pic that the "L" handrail actually "kinks out" to let the chain pass. :mrgreen:

I like it!

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”