?????????????????

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: ?????????????????

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 am

up148 wrote:Nice job Gregg! Photos showing actual models built is a lot more interesting than a factory model with someone else's weathering......but.

2 different things but either easily surpass nothing at all, and anything beats "Look at my new shiny thing....".

Maybe we can just do a "show and tell" thread and keep it rolling regardless of the source of the model.

I already have a thread "From the Firefly Shops" that I initiated after I was convinced by some to resume posting photos of my models here - I still do not post the processes that they travel through to reach their final state.

There is always something to learn.

I would like to think so; once upon a time, that was the best part of internet forums...

Bob and Martin seem to have an unending supply of custom builds.

Only a modest portion have been posted here since the last purge or 2. Unending? Not really. I just keep busy primarily for he therapeutic value..............and some only show up in OST, but that effort is wearing me down. And, then after all in either case, I am left with models of both cars and structures that I have no real use for and am faced with finding them hard to sell for anything close to their real costs/value. I see them on eBay now and again listed for double or triple what I sold them for......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 am

Yes, it appears you've always been a prolific builder, at least during my reading of OST from early days until current. All of your structures and trolleys are great and I can see where a LOT of time and effort went into the finished product. What to do with all these items if they are needed for a layout would be an interesting problem. And, I can also see where meeting a schedule could turn a hobby into work. :(

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 24, 2017 3:58 pm

up148 wrote:Yes, it appears you've always been a prolific builder, at least during my reading of OST from early days until current. All of your structures and trolleys are great and I can see where a LOT of time and effort went into the finished product.

Thank you.

What to do with all these items if they are not needed for a layout would be an interesting problem.

I do sell some and in a few cases have given them away..........

And, I can also see where meeting a schedule could turn a hobby into work. :(

It can do that easily enough and that has happened in the past, and is also why I very, very rarely build anything for anyone else anymore. A deadline can also get me focused onto a project that might otherwise be lost in my shop under a huge dust bunny, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed May 24, 2017 9:20 pm

I ALWAYS enjoy your writings in OST.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu May 25, 2017 8:20 am

rogruth wrote:I ALWAYS enjoy your writings in OST.

Thank you. :!: :!: :!:

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”