Too Quiet so let's get some opinions

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
GreggL

Re: Too Quiet so let's get some opinions

Postby GreggL » Wed May 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Arrrrgggghhh...I hope my MoPac unit doesn't have those yellow grab irons up the nose :lol: . Jay, will you remove them when you convert it to P:48?

...gregg

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Gregg,

Sure, anything for a buddy! By the way, what was the name of the drink I owe you?

Jay

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Wed May 17, 2017 11:17 pm

To further clarify (or muddy it up), I was hoping to make drop-in replacements and allow the customer to keep their original axles, gears, bearings, wheels, etc. so they could convert their model back to regular O Scale.

Making new axles, meant for P:48 with the correct wheels can still be done by reusing the customers worm gear and gearbox/axle bearings.

Clear or muddy? :mrgreen:

Jay

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu May 18, 2017 7:01 am

Jay Criswell wrote:https://www.google.com/search......................

Hunter S.................. One of my favorite writers...
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Thu May 18, 2017 7:34 am

Rufus,

That was my assumption and I hoped you'd enjoy it. Some members of the NK Forum should have spent some time with him. Might have helped their outlook on life.

Jay

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu May 18, 2017 7:38 am

Jay Criswell wrote:Rufus,

That was my assumption and I hoped you'd enjoy it. Some members of the NK Forum should have spent some time with him. Might have helped their outlook on life.

That would probably have them all running away in a total panic - it would be glorious....

God knows we need Hunter now.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Thu May 18, 2017 7:49 am

....it would be glorious....

Where's the "Like" button?

Jay

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 am

Jay Criswell wrote:....it would be glorious....

Where's the "Like" button?

Jay

No "Like" button, but I've got one of these......seems it should be used freely over on OGR

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 am

I like this myself (cleaned up from the original):

69039.jpg
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

up148

Postby up148 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:29 am

Just for clarity sake, I think most of the complaints about the E-8 grabs are due to left over frustration from earlier 3RD Rail offerings that required a lot more than a paint brush fix. And my post was due to my surprise at such a cavalier response by the importer.

Lot's of great info exchanged here.

BH

E7

Postby E7 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 pm

up148 wrote:Just for clarity sake, I think most of the complaints about the E-8 grabs are due to left over frustration from earlier 3RD Rail offerings that required a lot more than a paint brush fix. And my post was due to my surprise at such a cavalier response by the importer. BH

It's a shame because the general contours of the engines are probably as good or better than the other plastic stuff out there. I think the response is disturbing.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:34 pm

E7 wrote:
up148 wrote:Just for clarity sake, I think most of the complaints about the E-8 grabs are due to left over frustration from earlier 3RD Rail offerings that required a lot more than a paint brush fix. And my post was due to my surprise at such a cavalier response by the importer. BH

It's a shame because the general contours of the engines are probably as good or better than the other plastic stuff out there. I think the response is disturbing.

Yeah, to be perfectly honest, this E series loco is a very nice looking model. E & F unit nose contours have traditionally been hard to nail until the P&D units became available and now most offerings are fairly good. As I said above, the handrail issue is not even an issue, but the pent up frustrations over errors on previous models just boiled over.

BH

GreggL

Postby GreggL » Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Jay Criswell wrote:By the way, what was the name of the drink I owe you?

Jay

Bulleit rye Manhattan, up, shaken hard, light on the vermouth.

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Fri May 19, 2017 9:08 am

Gregg,

No wonder I liked it.....can't beat Bulleit Rye. I do like High West Whiskey's Double Rye. I'll bring some to OSW for you to sample.

Jay

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri May 19, 2017 7:14 pm

up148 wrote:
Yeah, to be perfectly honest, this E series loco is a very nice looking model. E & F unit nose contours have traditionally been hard to nail until the P&D units became available and now most offerings are fairly good. As I said above, the handrail issue is not even an issue, but the pent up frustrations over errors on previous models just boiled over.

BH

I never had an issue with A-N F units. However, all the negative press on certain PA noses always causes me to smile...the absolute worst F unit noses ever devised by anyone anywhere to actually operate on scale track is the Tenshodo in H0.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/3148031515_1c937bc238_o.jpg
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”