Good Deal for this PRR engine

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading

Robert

Re: Good Deal for this PRR engine

Postby Robert » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:30 pm

I wonder about the particular Pennsy L1 here...Sunset had one of these prewar versions for sale for a long time...was listed as their last one and they even offered it discounted during the recent holidays. Then I see this one pop up at Norm's for substantially less and listed as the last one available also. It was sold in short order. Now another one is back at Norm's again "the last one available" Wonder if the recent sale fell through, also curious if this one was the last one Sunset was advertising. I'm not interested in the prewar configuration or I might be checking my "train funds".

Robert

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Robert wrote:I wonder about the particular Pennsy L1 here...Sunset had one of these prewar versions for sale for a long time...was listed as their last one and they even offered it discounted during the recent holidays. Then I see this one pop up at Norm's for substantially less and listed as the last one available also. It was sold in short order. Now another one is back at Norm's again "the last one available" Wonder if the recent sale fell through, also curious if this one was the last one Sunset was advertising. I'm not interested in the prewar configuration or I might be checking my "train funds". Robert

I think Norm might have them drop shipped from 3rd Rail, but that's a guess. As to the last or next to last or whatever, I put it in the "so what" file. Maybe just hype to get you to pull the trigger. That I get/got what I ordered is all I ever cared about. There were 500 of them so how fast they were modernized after the war is a good question. I don't much worry about that kind of stuff.

Rich

Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 am

Yup no worries here either, just making conversation.

Robert

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:33 am

Better deal - keep my wallet and CC's in my pocket; go to Chicago in 2 weeks; sell stuff off my table; buy parts if possible to finish projects.....
...............and resist temptation to buy engines and cars, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:40 am

Mr. Firefly that sort of subversive talk is dangerous. President Trump would not approve :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:00 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:...............and resist temptation to buy engines and cars, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwww it's lotsa fun, and think of the immediate gratification! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:23 pm

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:...............and resist temptation to buy engines and cars, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwww it's lotsa fun, and think of the immediate gratification! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gratification of an empty wallet and a broken budget? I leave that line of reasoning and action to Congress.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”