Did I do my Pacifics?

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Seaboard Air Line Fan

Re: Did I do my Pacifics?

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:21 pm

bob turner wrote:Delighted that you guys steered me around Photobucket. I wonder if this kind of photo posting works on NK?

Opinion.

Bob,

If you have your photos on a hard drive, thumb drive, etc you should be able to post them at NK.

All you need to do when you make a post is:

Click on Add Attachments (bottom right corner below reply block) A box will open so you can find/select the file you want to use.
Locate the file you want to use (from your hard drive) A box will appear that says "processing"
Once the Status changes to "Success" click on the small box where it says "Insert all photos and videos into post body", then click "Finish".
Once that's done click on the "Post Reply" blue button, that's it!!!

You can keep adding files until...well I don't know if there's a limit or not. I know I've posted a bunch in a single reply.
Last edited by Seaboard Air Line Fan on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:25 pm

rex desilets wrote:
bob turner wrote:<snip>Suffice to say I hate Aviary, and long for my old image processing that came with Microsoft 3 or something. I think this is Microsoft 10, and it is very unfriendly.
They can have my Windows 7 when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers. :x

XP. Cold, dead fingers. 3 towers currently with XP.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:49 pm

My current laptop came with Windows 7 and after some pain etc I learned to use it. Not nearly as friendly as XP, but it is what it is. :roll:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:34 pm

rex desilets wrote:My current laptop came with Windows 7 and after some pain etc I learned to use it. Not nearly as friendly as XP, but it is what it is. :roll:

Beats the snot out of Vista and 8!!!!
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rex desilets wrote:My current laptop came with Windows 7 and after some pain etc I learned to use it. Not nearly as friendly as XP, but it is what it is. :roll:

Beats the snot out of Vista and 8!!!!
My wife's laptop came with Vista. We hates it :evil:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:38 pm

I still have XP on my desktop but laptop has Win10. It reminds me of when I go into the grocery store and they've rearranged all the groceries. You know what you want is there, but where do you find it?!?!?!
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:I still have XP on my desktop but laptop has Win10. It reminds me of when I go into the grocery store and they've rearranged all the groceries. You know what you want is there, but where do you find it?!?!?!

I had to get a new laptop several years ago.
Windoze 8. I hate 8.
Like you, everything is re-arranged, can't find anything.
So, I spent two months researching and adding..deleting...and it is now (long before 8.1) XP-8.
I can live with it.

Carey Williams

Postby Carey Williams » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:04 am

Hello Wolf

Thank you for your kind words about my 3 rail ... quick and easy ..till I find old rail chairs .
The 3rd rail is solid 1/16" rod ... as suggested in many of the mid 30's O scale books .

If you are removing the outside rail sweeps I'd be interested ... also first generation reverse units .

Cheers Carey

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Yep. NK is once again graced with my photos. Thanks for the tips.

If I were in outside third, I would use rail, just like the NYC and New Haven did. I think some of the old timers used HO rail. (You watch - somebody will find a NH photo with a square piece of steel for the outside third).

Where was I?

Scale Craft 2.jpg
Scale Craft 2.jpg (673.9 KiB) Viewed 6121 times

This is a more or less stock Scale Craft K4. The drivers are temporarily Loco Works. The cast iron SC drivers went to a buddy in Florida, but I have spares I can 2-rail when I get really bored. The frame is two piece, so I can just unbolt and put the correct PRR drivers in.

This one was painted a very long time ago, and the paint looks rather like an alligator hide. I intend to keep it that way - I have plenty of K4s that have good Scale Coat paint and new decals. I usually put rivets on the cab, re-do the piping, and add a rim to the sand dome. And firebox and smokebox rivets usually get redone. Off to the airport.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Did we decide long ago these were Athearn drivers? Not insulated.
DSCN9308.JPG
DSCN9308.JPG (83.39 KiB) Viewed 6115 times

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:49 pm

I meant to post this a few days ago, before the thread moved on to Bob's non-Lobaugh Pacifics...
This is what a "stock" (if there was ever such a thing among kit-built locos! :roll: :roll: ) Lobaugh
Pacific looks like, although it has been modified with a can motor, the rest of the loco looks as if
it came straight out of the box.
IMG_7186.JPG

I found it on eBay last year listed without a tender at what I considered a reasonable price.
That tender may or may not end up behind the loco. It is the Adams & Son that came with
the General Models/All-Nation 2-6-6-4 that was shown in a different thread here last year.
And, no, the tender is not derailed..the rear truck is broken and only has one wheelset at
the moment.
IMG_7194.JPG

And underneath it looks like this:
IMG_7193.JPG
Take care,
Wolfgang

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Looks genuine. I have had some success straightening cabs with a jig, a block of wood, and a very heavy mallet.

A Lobaugh Pacific tender was on eBay recently. Surprised you missed it.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Today a Lobaugh Pacific in poor cosmetic shape and no tender went for over $300 on eBay. Lemme see if I can post a link?

Yeah - here. Scroll down.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-Pre-War- ... 2409147268

R.K. Maroon

Postby R.K. Maroon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:36 pm

I was watching that. I have the matching tender so if it had stayed cheap I would have bid just to make a set.

Joe Foehrkolb was kind enough to sell me one he had:

Lobaugh Pacific.JPG
Lobaugh Pacific.JPG (103.39 KiB) Viewed 5768 times

I know very little about SP Pacifics so I can't say whether this is anywhere close to any prototype. But I like it.
Slow progress is better than no progress

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Semi-close. More like ACL. But don't forget - freelancing can be fun! Watch for my SP Berk to be finished. Total fantasy.

And thanks for saving this thread from obscurity. I love to see pictures.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”