OGR Alan Big al Arnold strikes again

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Erik C Lindgren

Re: OGR Alan Big al Arnold strikes again

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
bob turner wrote:Some guy was complaining about the Sunset Diesel and Erik took offense.

So what. Maybe being the adult in the room would be better.

Did not offend me Turner... I don't want defamatory slander on my posts. I guess that makes me a child. OK

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

The offensive slandering was removed before the OGR Moderator locked the thread. It was a series of posts in a matter of hours.

From Wikipedia:
"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement."

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Image

I have not seen you "trolled" (whatever the deuce that means anyway....)

You can read more about it here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

IMG_7206.JPG

In reading the definition on Wiki, Turner may take the stance as follows:

"Application of the term troll is subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial."

And he would be right in any case however I asked the OGR moderators to please ask the Trolls to take the argument(s) to a new thread posting and not on my thread posting. I was not making an opinion about the Trolled content rather simply I really like my Sunset SD9's.

The cherished opinions quickly turned to slander after some polite futile attempts to ask for a reprieve. None was given and I proceeded with the above action. I will do it again. I apologize to Turner and others in the like of the removal of opinions as they are important I agree and crucial part of freedom of speech.. However when delivered in my posts as slanderous and rude context I will simply choose to not participate and remove my content.

Please take the opinion based fights to your own threads. Simple. Thank you.

I guess I'm a child or juvenile or whatever for not wanted to participate in the slander of someone or something I like.
Last edited by Erik C Lindgren on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Application of the term troll is subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial.

Something to be kept in mind......

And, I'm still scratching my head over why you bother with OGR and even responding to that git.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Erik C Lindgren

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Application of the term troll is subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial.

Something to be kept in mind......

Absolutely....

Then again it's all opinion isn't it?

In your opinion I'm a child for having my opinion. OK

Erik C Lindgren

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:58 pm

I'm scratching my head also.. sometimes that community is a target for this stuff. Why can't we be professional about all of this? Well, these are toys after all. And the very nature of playing with our toys is juvenile so what do I expect!?

I agree with you why do I bother. The same goes for any of this.

I have better things to do.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Erik C Lindgren wrote:

In your opinion I'm a child for having my opinion.

Not so. Letting a total git like this jerk get under your skin - it's not worth burning a calorie over. Let him continue to be the child
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

aterry11

Postby aterry11 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:46 pm

In my childhood this fellow would forever be known as your Buddy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It then became your job to poke ,pull chain and in general agitate your Buddy into psychological hell :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh some fun times in my neighborhood.
Twernt nuttin better than somebody that hates you totally pwerplexed as to why your sooooooo nice to them. Gives em fits most of the time :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:54 pm

aterry11 wrote:In my childhood this fellow would forever be known as your Buddy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It then became your job to poke ,pull chain and in general agitate your Buddy into psychological hell :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh some fun times in my neighborhood.
Twernt nuttin better than somebody that hates you totally pwerplexed as to why your sooooooo nice to them. Gives em fits most of the time :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erik C Lindgren

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:47 pm

:lol:

Erik C Lindgren

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:48 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Erik C Lindgren wrote:

In your opinion I'm a child for having my opinion.

Not so. Letting a total git like this jerk get under your skin - it's not worth burning a calorie over. Let him continue to be the child

Sorry I missed that. :?

In the end as long as we can laugh about it that's a good thing, I think. :lol:

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Opinion here. There is a giant difference between a post criticizing a production model and a personal attack. I personally think that both should remain - I advocate zero censorship - but I can see why some would want to have personal attacks removed. They hurt my feelings too - that is part of why I stick " opinion" on most of my posts. But an attack on a model? Especially a production model? You have to be pretty thin-skinned to take offense at that kind of attack.

Opinion.

aterry11

Postby aterry11 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Ifn I recall, Didn't your buddy previously call out Scott M. and Scott called his bluff and wasn't it in regards to the model you were posting about? This guy is easy have him spinning circles in a week or two. He seems overtly jealous of some folks with skills.
To Quote my Grandma. Don't dish it out if you cant take it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

herronpeter

Postby herronpeter » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:40 am

@Erik.........
Just curious, could you post what one or two of the offending trolls said that you are speaking about so we can all understand what you mean?

Might clear up the subject.

Thanks,

Peter

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:32 am

I can see Erik's point of posting his modeling on the OGR Forum, as it gets it in front of a lot of people who might not otherwise see it. In most cases,it inspires people to be better modelers and most enjoy and appreciate his threads. That has to be a good feeling, because regardless of how much he enjoys doing it, it's nice to have your work appreciated.

In the case of NW2124, he's a ******* and has been a constant source of controversy on OGR since he joined up. We've all met him sometime in our lives, only by different names. Nothing but a self serving bore.

I seldom go to OGR anymore except to check from time to time for Erik's posts and a few other modelers who frequent that forum.

But, in general, posting photos and true opinions concerning recently delivered models can be dangerous business on that forum. Few of these threads remain open for very long. Sad, because honest criticism of real issues with a new model might just help us to get better models down the road.

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:57 am

up148 wrote:.............honest criticism of real issues with a new model.............

Very difficult to do over on OGR, new or old model - little tolerance of anything negative regardless of just pointing out actual errors - can't be critical of anyone's favorite importer or brand name w/o upsetting the children. Then you get the array of apologists sitting around singing Kumbaya, :roll:

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:33 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, it can get pretty sickening some times. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”