This Definately Ain't a SD45

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Jay Criswell

Re: This Definately Ain't a SD45

Postby Jay Criswell » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Rich,

Not really. I do try to listen to folks that know what they're doing or talking about. The problem is identifying which people are really knowledgeable and which ones are full of ****. It always amazes me how many people pass things off as facts when they've never actually done anything.

Anyway, I just started trying to do things myself. I started building models when I was 5. Quit at 15 and restarted at 45 to 50. Oh yeah, somewhere around 24 to 25 I started building plank on frame ship models. The standard philosophy goes something like, if the part isn't right, do it again and keep doing it till you get it right. If you settle for mediocre parts the model will be also. Having said that, I modified the way I built them. I did the best I could and realized, early on, if I did my best and couldn't do it better, then that was it. At some point you have to accept your limitations.

Jay

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:39 pm

I don't often go for perfection, and it shows. Once in a while I will expend the requisite effort to say " here is what I am capable of" but more often I just put a patch on it and go fly - or leave off the hand rails and promise to do them later.

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:32 pm

Quite a bump here, but most appreciated Rich; a great project then and now Jay.
They look great!!!
Any updates?
Pete (not Jim)
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:34 am

Pete (not Maroon),

All are built and, I believe, spoken for. I'm the proud owner of one (non-powered) model. I'm in the process of converting one to P48.

The guy behind all of this is painting & putting the final touches on the remainder now.

Definitely, a unique model.

I'm hoping TCS comes out with a sound decoder for the KM (they were recording the only remaining prototype a while back). We'll see.

Jay

Erik C Lindgren

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Really cool sir

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”