Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun...
Roy

Re: Hobo Jungle

Postby Roy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Roy wrote:You guys should definitely look up the definition of "bippy".
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Umm, yes. Believe it or not, "You bet your bippy!" was the regular catch phrase on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In in the late '60s

No shit? The phrase was actually "you bet your sweet bippy". I remember. I don't know if it had a referent at the time of R&M, but it has one now. So, before you start shooting your bippy off, talking about tweaking your bippy, and thus making a complete bippy of yourself, you might find out what you're saying - in 2017.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Roy wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Umm, yes. Believe it or not, "You bet your bippy!" was the regular catch phrase on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In in the late '60s

No shit? The phrase was actually "you bet your sweet bippy". I remember. I don't know if it had a referent at the time of R&M, but it has one now. So, before you start shooting your bippy off, talking about tweaking your bippy, and thus making a complete bippy of yourself, you might find out what you're saying - in 2017.

The meaning hasn't changed - R&M got some amazing stuff on network TV past censors, etc.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:20 pm

I think most of us that watched "Laugh-In" knew what a bippy was.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Roy wrote:

Why? Is there going to be a test?
I think the person to whom I directed the term "bippy" got the drift (i.e. 6 laughing faces and no umbrage or argument expressed) :mrgreen: and "took it" exactly correctly, he being clever, not a bossy-boots, and full of play, not other stuff. :mrgreen:

As far as how "sweet" said "bippy" might be, I'd have no idea nor need to know. I only tweak 'em upon rare occasion. I don't taste 'em.

P.S. BTW, how does one shoot one's bippy off? I've imagined a picture of such a move, but it is a bit dubious....Hhhhmmmm. :shock:
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Murph,
Laughin' my bippy off. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:04 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:BTW, how does one shoot one's bippy off?

Here's one option for you to emulate:

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:20 pm

I'm not that talented, nor so fleet-of-foot. I'm lucky if I can walk my 2+ miles per day, let alone shoot myself across a river, :mrgreen: and there's no sense in my even saying I'll work on it because I'm usually not that gassy.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:30 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I'm not that talented, nor so fleet-of-foot. I'm lucky if I can walk my 2+ miles per day, let alone shoot myself across a river, :mrgreen: and there's no sense in my even saying I'll work on it because I'm usually not that gassy.

Coupla cans of beans, a Zippo, and a trampoline, and you'll make the nightly news and go viral on Youtube, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:14 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I'm not that talented, nor so fleet-of-foot. I'm lucky if I can walk my 2+ miles per day, let alone shoot myself across a river, :mrgreen: and there's no sense in my even saying I'll work on it because I'm usually not that gassy.

Coupla cans of beans, a Zippo, and a trampoline, and you'll make the nightly news and go viral on Youtube, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask Roy. He may be a little more adventuresome than I and better equipped.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:22 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Ask Roy. He may be a little more adventuresome than I and better equipped.

I'm pretty sure that I really do not want to know about Roy;s equipment, :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:05 pm

If it fails you'll fall into some helpful water. Have you ever watched a vet hose a cow? When a cow gets bad stomach bloat. A vet will stick a hose down into one of the stomachs to let out some gas. sometimes if this vet has a mind like rufus he'll light the gas coming out. When your a kid its fun to see.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:26 pm

robert. wrote:If it fails you'll fall into some helpful water. Have you ever watched a vet hose a cow? When a cow gets bad stomach bloat. A vet will stick a hose down into one of the stomachs to let out some gas. sometimes if this vet has a mind like rufus he'll light the gas coming out. When your a kid its fun to see.

I guess ya' have to be there to appreciate it fully. :mrgreen:
P.S. I'm not going to try to model that on my layout, since I'd be working from pure imagination.... :? ....although I'm already starting to wonder if a Lionel smoke unit might help with that little touch of realism..... :roll: :P

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:55 pm

The Dirt

Postby The Dirt » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:38 am

Jon, that IS a beautiful picture, and layout, and locomotive, and the young lady behind the shutter never fails.

But I remember your ball-busting ( :wink: ) from the Mountain Spring Inn, and I don't see any d*mn engineer watching the process, and I don't know about any diesel that needs to take on water.

If the script is from the owner, I can understand artistic liberties, but if this is you, are there any more things to find? Better hope nobody was leaning out the passenger car window when it got backed in there. And it must be a switcher, or it's got the cart before the horse.
Anyway, it's a fun picture. Lot's to absorb! 8)

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:06 pm

The Dirt wrote:and I don't know about any diesel that needs to take on water.

That crew lets those radiator's go dry and I guarantee that the railroad's AGM, CMO, and Trainmaster will be having a pointed and heated discussion about the engineer's future with the railroad.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”