Extraterrestrials

Play nice and have fun...
gregj410

Re: Extraterrestrials

Postby gregj410 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:36 pm

Not to go all biblical on you but I don’t see anything in Genesis during the creation the leads me to believe that God created some other form of intelligent life. In fact his focus is on man and earth. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think we are the most intelligent form of life :lol:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:16 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:The secret of Skinwalker Ranch (?!)

Author Jason Colavito criticized the claims about the ranch being made in the show as typical of “those who scare themselves silly imagining supernatural encounters there”. Colavito characterized the myths about the ranch as “entirely a modern creation, fabricated in the late twentieth century” and speculated that "quite possibly, those watching a network whose average viewer is a white man around 60 years old like seeing (very) slightly younger white men pretending to take decisive action and pretending to master supernatural power”.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:38 am

Hondo, thanks for that perspective , which is much appreciated because it gives voice to my general impression. I haven’t been able to have the show hold my attention for a straight ten minutes, let alone the entire time an episode is on. I keep looking and see nothing. Your posting here helps give me a perspective that it’s time to say goodbye to that show’s efforts . Thanks!

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:24 am

Yeah, we've had a slew of "whats going on" movies/series in the past decade on Netflix and Amazon. Look at "Stranger Things" "Outer Range" and "Night Sky" as examples. If you don't enjoy the characters they're pretty weak. Very few seem to hold your attention until the end and then the punch line is "really....that's the end".

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:52 pm

[quote="gregj410" I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think we are the most intelligent form of life :lol:[/quote]

Seeing some of the things people do, we are using that phrase loosely. :mrgreen:

RBH29

Postby RBH29 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:51 am

If you guys ever get up to New Hampshire ... https://www.boston.com/news/wickedpedia ... _secondary

I hope that link works.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”