NYC at 'breaking point'

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: NYC at 'breaking point'

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:39 pm

gregj410 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Neil wrote:It makes great politics to emphasize the fear of the "other."

Tried & true practice for centuries and it's sucked up by the sheep that would rather believe the lies than actually think for themselves.

Probably part of being human and why humanity won't survive.

Right, spoken by those who live in a bubble. Tell it to this girls mother. This animal raped her after she was dead and now because he’s 17 he’s being called a boy and coddled by the news media. Give me a break. Maybe you’d think differently if you had kids or even daughters that are vulnerable to animals like this guy. God forbid it was one of your kids.

And there's a great example of how to live the lie in your own fantasy bubble - pluck one out 1 out of millions and then that's extrapolated to your embracing a belief that all immigrants as being criminals. And that no citizens here ever do anything horrible crimes. Right. There's your fantasy world for you to live in.

But in the meantime let's deport everyone that immigrated to this country over the past 100 years and all of their descendants and clean things up a bit. That'll fix things and all crime will go to zero overnight. Oh, where and how do we deport millions of people? Someone will figure that out for you. Oh, and while we're at it, let's add in everyone that doesn't look like you or think like you, too. That'll make things even better!

Maybe we can have a nice mono-chromatic planet population (a pleasing grey, maybe?) with a singular mind with everyone agreeing with everyone else, too.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:59 pm

We cant feed and house the world. As nice as it sounds. It wont work. Our cities cant handle the influx. In the long run it may be cheaper to over throw their government with US. help :shock: :shock: :shock: Move manufacturing from china and place it in Latin America. Then tax those products. Use that tax money to kill the cartels. :shock: :shock: Sounds harsh and costly. In the short term yes. In the long run no.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:08 pm

robert. wrote:Move manufacturing from china and place it in Latin America.

Are you not aware that we already have billions invested in manufacturing in Latin America?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:40 pm

But in the meantime let's deport everyone that immigrated to this country over the past 100 years and all of their descendants and clean things up a bit. That'll fix things and all crime will go to zero overnight. Oh, where and how do we deport millions of people? Someone will figure that out for you. Oh, and while we're at it, let's add in everyone that doesn't look like you or think like you, too. That'll make things even better!

Slow down before you hurt your self killer. Not sure how you got all of this out of me making a point about letting criminal illegals in the country. Casting aspersions as usual. Maybe you and Dr Dumberg can get all 3 of your brain cells together(not sure who has two, I’ll let you two sort it out) and tell us how it should be managed with your infinite wisdom.

Suppose we all come to your house unannounced for dinner tonight.

At which point do you cut off who’s coming in?

At which point do you decide how many can come in?

And for those of us that are still there from the last meal, how long before we(oh if I could be so lucky)have to go?

I’ll be waiting with baited breath for your answer which won’t come because you don’t really have one.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:45 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:Move manufacturing from china and place it in Latin America.

Are you not aware that we already have billions invested in manufacturing in Latin America?

Billions maybe. USA has promised 3.2 billion last year. Over what time frame? I don't know. Manufacturing is not as big as you think. I want to see them make all the shittty products china makes. I'd like to see them make toys not our food.
16 out of every 100 cars sold in America come from Mexico. I'm not able to find that stat for cars made in China. As a whole we would be better off if more stuff was made in Mexico and less in China. Might even be better for the environment. Less sea going cargo ships. I can not find if the cars from Mexico are made there or only assembled there. Germany appears to be a large part of Mexico's car industry. Anyway. Mexico is really not our problem. Their people don't leave in droves.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:07 pm

Homicide rate 1990 to present. 2015 or so was a thirty year low. Way down from the Reagan era :).

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC ... cations=US
Neil

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:15 pm

Nobody is suggesting admitting tens of millions of immigrants as we did in the 20th century. But a few million per year is certainly doable. Less than 1% of our population. We've got the jobs for them, for one thing. And people escaping vicious authoritarian governments should be sympathetic to those who think less government is good government :). Anyway, our birth rate is below replacement level these days. We will need the workforce eventually just to look after the old people.
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:08 am

Neil wrote:We will need the workforce eventually just to look after the old people.

There's an interesting thought. We have a increasing population of elderly to go with the increasing population that will lack the ability to afford retirement.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:33 am

Neil wrote:Homicide rate 1990 to present. 2015 or so was a thirty year low. Way down from the Reagan era :).

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC ... cations=US

Probably means the Mid West is safer. Homicide in Philly is through the roof. Car jacking at an all time high. Numbers on teen homices are wind blowing.

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:45 am

I suspect if you looked at homicide rates in Philadelphia over time, they are much lower now than in the 1970s, but I cannot bother to research this for you. Per capita rates of suicide, drug abuse and crime are actually much higher in many rural areas than in big cities, but you'd never know that from listening to the politicians who are spinning nonsense. For example, New York City, the punching bag of many Republican fascists, is actually much safer than most red states. Fewer violent crimes, and lower suicide rates. And most immigrant communities actually have less violent crime than the rural redoubts of the white supremacists, who are still living in Dodge City before the Earps :).
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:20 am

I with on Ny being safer. But no way is philly. Philadelphia a spun a little trick into their rates. They add in Bucks and Montco to get the per 100 numbers down. If you remove the nieghboring counties Beruit is safer than philly. Crime on septa trannsit is also at an all time high. People wont ride public trannsportation out of fear for their life.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:09 am

Neil wrote:I suspect if you looked at homicide rates in Philadelphia over time, they are much lower now than in the 1970s,

From what I remember they are a lot lower than the in the 70s, but then we also had bodies being fished out the Schuylkill in the trunks of Buicks...

For example, New York City, the punching bag of many Republican fascists, is actually much safer than most red states. Fewer violent crimes, and lower suicide rates.

Oklahoma, for example as a state has a higher crime and gun violence rate than both NY and CA. Surprised me as well.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:28 am

The 70´s were high. Not as high as the 80ś 2020 started a climb into 500 murdets a year.for the last 3 years armed car jackings are also climbing. Out of control climbing. Stats from 2020 -2023 are not complete .

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:06 am

robert. wrote:The 70´s were high. Not as high as the 80ś 2020 started a climb into 500 murdets a year.for the last 3 years armed car jackings are also climbing. Out of control climbing. Stats from 2020 -2023 are not complete .

Well, we have not been worried about going down town in Philly through the 90's to now. The 70's were very iffy. Maybe living through it and being there put it into better perspective.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:34 pm

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”