Abbot and Costello on Unemployment

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: Abbot and Costello on Unemployment

Postby robert. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:57 pm

If you make $22.00 an hour in your area. Can you get food stamps? I ss nothing wrong with working a second job to get ahead. Working two or three to survive sucks.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:19 pm

robert. wrote:I ss nothing wrong with working a second job to get ahead. Working two or three to survive sucks.

To get ahead, sure. To just stay out of debt, tough. To survive, sucks would be an improvement, step up from having no life at all. Sharing a house with 4 other guys while working two or three jobs, that's almost normal for guys w/o options around here. You can spot these rental houses pretty easily - 6-7 different cars in driveway and at the curb during the week.....
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:35 pm

I think a large part of the problem with the younger society today is there inability to save money and live with in their means. Combined with the fact that they want it all and they want it now, and living hand to mouth just exacerbates the problem.

My 19 year old daughter and 21 year old son-in-law bought their first house before they were recently married. A real fixer-upper, but they rolled up their sleeves and did what they had to do. Neither has exceptional jobs. But they both were brought up to save a good portion of what they earned while they were living at home. Both have 10 year old cars that are paid for, nothing fancy, but they’re content. They are already looking at possibly selling this home for a potential 30K plus profit. I often hear how hard it is to make it today and the kids can’t do it as easily as we once could. I didn’t own my first house when I was 19 years old.

It’s simply a matter of baby steps through life many are not willing to take incrementally to reach a said goal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:59 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
The days of being the fiscally and financially responsible party died off. Now today's Republicans can't count to 11 w/o taking their shoes off, and then they get to 16, 22 with both shoes off, and then they spend go more than Democrats on even more stupid social agendas.

I agree that the republican used to be the financially responsible party. However they soon found out that now most of the voters vote with their hands out so they had to follow the same agenda as the democrats in order to get elected.

With millions of voters that are not financially responsible that want the government to take care of them.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:17 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
gregj410 wrote:Trusting Democrats to give you accurate unemployment numbers is like trusting Democrats to count the votes

Trusting Republicans to give you accurate unemployment numbers is like trusting Republicans to count the votes....today's Republicans prefer to live lies, believe & promote conspiracy theories as opposed to accepting reality. The days of being the fiscally and financially responsible party died off. Now today's Republicans can't count to 11 w/o taking their shoes off, and then they get to 16, 22 with both shoes off, and then they spend go more than Democrats on even more stupid social agendas.

As opposed to the Democrats? Please explain.

I guess this is conspiracy too.

https://youtu.be/5Xmrouh5qWQ

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:53 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote: Now today's Republicans can't count to 11 w/o taking their shoes off, and then they get to 16, 22 with both shoes off...

You learn more things on MTJ.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:11 am

webenda wrote:You learn more things on MTJ.

ImageImage
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:19 am

I have seen many CATS with six toes, but they were all inbred. BARN CATS

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:27 am

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:20 pm

# of the Guatemalan guys i work with have 6 digits. They have a second thumb mid-way up their main thumb. their second thumb is nonfunctional. all 3 are relatives. This gene comes from their father's side.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”