Ooooops.....I mean UPS

Play nice and have fun...
ScaleCraft

Ooooops.....I mean UPS

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:48 pm

The tightest ship in the fleet sprung a leak.

So, I have some medicine they tell me I really need. As in, Monday morning.
120 pills, 4 each morning.
So important they expedited overnight to me...went out yesterday, here by 10:30 today.

Ah! Tracking number says noon. Okay, we're here. Not going anywhere. Front door is open, screen shut.

Wife looks out the door at 11:40 and there it is, top of the steps, as the OOOOOPS truck drives away.

Did I tell you why we had to be here? Oh, yeah, signature required.
Did I tell you why signature is required? Oh, yeah.

List price on that one bottle is a bit over $11,000.

Called the Pharmacy and we had a chat.

Seems COVID rules state they can avoid signature, IF they do face-to-face.

The driver never even knocked. Never came onto the front porch, just pitched to top step and ran.

Pharmacy is having a discussion with OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSS on Monday.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Ooooops.....I mean UPS

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:08 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:The driver never even knocked. Never came onto the front porch, just pitched to top step and ran.

That's been the UPS standard for many, many years for home deliveries. Toss & run away....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:08 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:List price on that one bottle is a bit over $11,000.

You must have really good Rx coverage.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:11 pm

I am aware. Signature Required seems to have not been included in their training.
Now that Radio Shack is closed, all those folks had to work somewhere. UPS.
Post Orifice won't touch them.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:33 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:Now that Radio Shack is closed....

No, Radio Shack is still in business.....all over the country, surprisingly.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:13 pm

What is this $11,000. medicine for :?:

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:00 pm

My friend had brain cancer medicine that wad 5grand a pill
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148

Postby up148 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:05 am

It's not just UPS, everyone does it now, ever since Amazon started doing it years ago.......toss and run.......no doorbell, no signatures, nothing. Our ring tells us when they come or deliveries would sit out all day. Amazon even delivers in our mailbox, which used to be again the law. It's not totally the drivers fault, it's company policy according to the drivers and drop off points I've spoken with.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:33 am

up148 wrote:It's not just UPS, everyone does it now, ever since Amazon started doing it years ago.......

Nope. Amazon comes to the door here, walks to the door, and rings, and even waits a bit. None of that toss & run crap like UPS. And unlike UPS, Amazon actually pulls into the driveway instead of sitting at the curb like UPS does to make a fast get-away.

Delivering to the mailbox is I think still only permitted by USPS....but maybe it's just lack of enforcement and then maybe also it's actually better for customers during bad weather and porch pirate season.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:17 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:It's not just UPS, everyone does it now, ever since Amazon started doing it years ago.......

Nope. Amazon comes to the door here, walks to the door, and rings, and even waits a bit. None of that toss & run crap like UPS. And unlike UPS, Amazon actually pulls into the driveway instead of sitting at the curb like UPS does to make a fast get-away.

Delivering to the mailbox is I think still only permitted by USPS....but maybe it's just lack of enforcement and then maybe also it's actually better for customers during bad weather and porch pirate season.

Not here.Amazon blocks the road. They wont pull in a driveway. They’ll stop right in a driving lane and park. Get out and leave a package on a porch. Click a photo of it and run. All while traffic back up behind them or blindly drives around an Amazon van. One day their *** is going to be sued hard for causing a catastrophic accident.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:33 am

robert. wrote: Not here.Amazon blocks the road. They wont pull in a driveway. They’ll stop right in a driving lane and park. Get out and leave a package on a porch. Click a photo of it and run. All while traffic back up behind them or blindly drives around an Amazon van. One day their *** is going to be sued hard for causing a catastrophic accident.

Same here. About the only time ANY of them ring the bell is when a signature is required.

Once I knew a package was "out for delivery" because of tracking and I had to flag down the driver, or he would have passed on by.

If you want any kind of "special" handling, you have to pay.

It's a crap shoot.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:11 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Not here.Amazon blocks the road. They wont pull in a driveway. They’ll stop right in a driving lane and park. Get out and leave a package on a porch. Click a photo of it and run. All while traffic back up behind them or blindly drives around an Amazon van. One day their *** is going to be sued hard for causing a catastrophic accident.

Well, maybe that's another issue that the great state of Pa needs to stand up, take its collective thumb out of its posterior, and do something about....

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:22 pm

HONDO74 wrote:What is this $11,000. medicine for :?:

Yeah. Well. Let's just say a condition of semi-defined duration.

Add the shots every three months at (list price) $12,736.00 EACH.

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:56 am

Apparently it's different state to state and area to area. Amazon leaves small packages in our mailbox all the time. Big ones are brought to the door, like UPS and FED-X, but nobody rings. Can't really call it a toss, but a quick drop and then many times off and running. It's just what it is today.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:27 am

up148 wrote:Apparently it's different state to state and area to area. Amazon leaves small packages in our mailbox all the time.

I'd guess that if no one complains to the USPS to inform them, there will be no response.

Big ones are brought to the door, like UPS and FED-X, but nobody rings. Can't really call it a toss, but a quick drop and then many times off and running. It's just what it is today.

Kind of sad commentary, but then everyone wants what they bought delivered immediately, without any delays, and damn everyone ahead of them in line on the delivery route. What they are doing is only a response to what customers want - instant gratification - and that pays the bills.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”