CC Fraud

Play nice and have fun...
up148

CC Fraud

Postby up148 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:40 pm

I've had an Amex CC since 1982 and the same card number. Last week someone in NY tried to use it to buy $72 worth of pizza's at 2:30 AM and $27 worth of something else. I haven't used it for a month, so don't know where the info might have been stolen. And it's the only card in my wallet that doesn't have one of the electronic theft protective sleeves on it.........the new card will get one. Great ain't it! :(

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: CC Fraud

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:56 pm

up148 wrote:I've had an Amex CC since 1982 and the same card number. Last week someone in NY tried to use it to buy $72 worth of pizza's at 2:30 AM and $27 worth of something else.

You're lucky; it could have been a lot worse.

I haven't used it for a month, so don't know where the info might have been stolen.

Same number for 40 years so there's probably a trail out there; my cards get re-issued with new numbers every so often.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:26 pm

Did amex remove the charge?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:42 am

Yes, AMEX is the merchants nightmare and most often stands behind the card holder. They notified us and we denied the charge.

We used to take AMEX when we had the business, along with the other cards, but after a very expensive fraud loss, with AMEX saying it was a stolen card they kept our money we quit using them.............but we buy almost everything with AMEX, because we know we are protected.

UPS was involved in the ripoff too. Driver delivered the package to an abandon house and when we tried to stop the 2nd package to be delivered the next day, they didn't get it stopped. We asked them to contact the driver, but they refused. This happened during the big CC/UPS scandal up in the northeast back in mid 2000's.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”