I got banned from trains.com

Play nice and have fun...
v8vega

Re: I got banned from trains.com

Postby v8vega » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:53 am

I think Model Railroader magazine started sometime in the 40's, I woulden't be surprised if they discontinue Classic Toy Trains sometime pretty soon.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:21 pm

v8vega wrote:I think Model Railroader magazine started sometime in the 40's.

Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:10 am

I read where they had a CD or CD's with most of the issues (obviously some of the most recent would be missing). Fairly pricey, but then a "wealth" of information.

TYPO
Last edited by E7 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:08 pm

E7 wrote:T read where they had a CD or CD's with most of the issues (obviously some of the most recent would be missing). Fairly pricey, but then a "wealth" of information.

Interesting, but the only MR issues i would want are random ones prior to about 1970 or so. OGR on the other hand, with its digital membership, gives you unlimited access to every issue starting with the first right up to the current one; downloadable too.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:09 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:Interesting, but the only MR issues i would want are random ones prior to about 1970 or so. OGR on the other hand, with its digital membership, gives you unlimited access to every issue starting with the first right up to the current one; downloadable too.

Not o be rude, but I think the chances of getting an ala carte selection of the EXACT MR issues you want are Slim and NONE, and Slim is out of town. You could ask them, but I think I hear a giggling sound in the distance. I would weigh the cost of getting hard copies of the back issues you want against the cost of the whole magilla CD. I suspect you might find other worthwhile stuff among the whole run of the magazine.... MAYBE! Obviously, YOUR call.

Why OGR should enter this conversation is apples and oranges.....BUT, they offered a CD a while back for a fairly reasonable price that contained the early 2 rail oriented issues, and the rest. As for the later 3 Rail stuff, my interest is LESS than ZERO.

Rich

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:54 am

Zero interest in a DVD searchable archive of either MR or OGR. I would however like one of RMC, but I'm given to understanding that there may be complications related to copyright that precludes that ever happening.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”