Brain teaser / exerciser

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: Brain teaser / exerciser

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:58 am

HONDO74 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:What did these names have in common?
H.B.Warner, The King of Kings
Max von Sydow, The Greatest Story Ever Told
Henry Ian Cusick, The Gospel of John
Jeremy Sisto, Jesus
Chris Sarandon, The Day Christ Died
Rocco Roy Mangano, Barabbas
Robert Powell, Jesus of Nazareth
Ted Neeley, Jesus Christ Superstar
Bruce Marchiano, The Gospel According to Matthew
Matthew Modine, Mary
Jeffrey Hunter, King of Kings
Shredy Jabarin, The Savior
Victor Garber, Godspell
Ewan McGregor, Last Days in the Desert
Enrique Irazoqui, The Gospel According to Matthew
Diogo Morgado, Son of God
Willem Dafoe, The Last Temptation of Christ
Cliff Curtis, Risen
Jim Caviezel, The Passion of the Christ

Now attach a first name and the movie they plated Jesus in, ? If they did

Did it.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Here's another Brain Exerciser, though an entirely different topic, to tease your brains/and provoke some considered serious thinking:

Imagine how different the history of the entire World would have been and would be, presently, if women had been treated all along as equals to males, including at the conference tables and pre-warfare councils, in all levels of government and leadership. Do we really think women would have concurred with much of the saber-rattling / spear-chucking ways of settling conflicts and tribal / national interests.

chuck

Postby chuck » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Unfortunately, yes. There is no lock on stupidity that is tied to gender. There have been spectacularly gifted female leaders; Golda Meir, Indira Ghandi, Margaret Thatcher, Angele Merkel. Their gender had little to do with it. Truly outstanding leaders are far and few between, period. These women were the creme of the crop, the top of their class. Many of their male contemporaries were at best mediocre.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:06 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Here's another Brain Exerciser, though an entirely different topic, to tease your brains/and provoke some considered serious thinking:

Imagine how different the history of the entire World would have been and would be, presently, if women had been treated all along as equals to males, including at the conference tables and pre-warfare councils, in all levels of government and leadership. Do we really think women would have concurred with much of the saber-rattling / spear-chucking ways of settling conflicts and tribal / national interests.

WHAT, you have something against keeping women barefoot and pregnant. :wink: :wink: :wink:

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:31 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Here's another Brain Exerciser, though an entirely different topic, to tease your brains/and provoke some considered serious thinking:

Eve took the apple. :roll:
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:10 pm

Imagine how different the history of the entire World would have been and would be, presently, if women had been treated all along as equals to males,

Imagine how different the Catholic Church would be if a woman were leading it instead of a man..... :wink: Never going to happen...Right, because the men will never allow it.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:55 am

Very intriguing replies, so far.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:44 pm

Here you go Murph.... A little different angle on your brain teaser about women. I call it women empowerment. :wink:

THUNDERPUSSY // FEVER // Live @ Neumos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_pMo1Hcn1I

And then there is
The Devil's Daughters w/ Danny B. Harvey - Baddest Girls In Town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4e7JCSVM_g

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:52 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Here you go Murph.... A little different angle on your brain teaser about women. I call it women empowerment. :wink:

THUNDERPUSSY // FEVER // Live @ Neumos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_pMo1Hcn1I

Lot of bands would be lucky to be as good........but I prefer:

Sons Of Apollo - covering Gates of Babylon...........check out Bumblefoot on the 6/6 with the upper fretless neck.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”