STIMULUS CHECK

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

STIMULUS CHECK

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:48 am

has every one received their Stimulus Check.

If you have, what are you doing with it. Will you use it to stimulate the economy.

Mine will be sitting in the bank until April when I add to it and send it back to the IRS to pay my taxes for last year.

About the only money I spend is for necessities like food and toilet paper :lol:

I pretty much use a credit card to pay for everything. I went through my credit card bills for what I spent on gas last year. not very much as I hardly go anywhere. Did go over to Springfield the other day to Grizzly and bought some cutting tools for the lathe and mill. Been spending a lot of time in the shop working on projects. (non train related.)

Don't watch TV but I do watch a lot of old movies, Especially westerns. A lot of them are on YouTube. Never realized the Italians made that many westerns

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: STIMULUS CHECK

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 pm

We won't be getting one; hopeful that my son gets one though and does something intelligent with it.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 pm

My wife and i have not received ours yet. Our 2019 tax return has not yet been processed. It’s been 35 years since i have had a financial year as bad as 2020.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:32 pm

I don’t know, I’d have to ask my wife :lol: I’m not even sure if we qualify although I do have lots of dependents. If we do, we’ve been talking about a kitchen remodel now for about 3 years, maybe we’ll throw it at that.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:19 pm

I received mine on 04jan21.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:09 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:We won't be getting one; hopeful that my son gets one though and does something intelligent with it.

Why does that feel like the same hope I have for my son? Like he’ll buy diapers for my grand daughter over expensive Bourbon and cigars :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:25 am

gregj410 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:We won't be getting one; hopeful that my son gets one though and does something intelligent with it.

Why does that feel like the same hope I have for my son?

Parent dream and hope.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:40 am

I'm investing mine in OIL! It will almost cover 275 gallons! :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:46 am

E7 wrote:I'm investing mine in OIL! It will almost cover 275 gallons! :mrgreen:

And here I thought you buying up all the Gamestop stock, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:54 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

And here I thought you buying up all the Gamestop stock, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Boy! Wasn’t that something!

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

GAMESTOP is not the correct term. Gaming the system is a better term. And they know how to play the game. :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:11 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

GAMESTOP is not the correct term. Gaming the system is a better term. And they know how to play the game. :wink:

Gamestop is the name of the company. And, it's far from the only one that's being played.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:11 pm

gregj410 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Oh Boy! Wasn’t that something!

And, it's still going!

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Gamestop is the name of the company. And, it's far from the only one that's being played.

Bitcoin also.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Gamestop is the name of the company. And, it's far from the only one that's being played.

This is an amazing story -- small investors on reddit are probably going to end up bankrupting some big hedgefunds.

On another forum I use, a poster had been talking about GME (Gamestop) for the last 2 or 3 months. I stopped paying attention to him once I looked up GME and saw that it was a meh company. Yesterday he posted that he sold 300 of his 400 shares using limit sells at 250 and 300 -- he ended up making over $100,000.

Hedge funds have been short-selling GME, but they sold short something like 1.25 times more shares than the total number of outstanding shares. Posters on reddit saw that and realized that if they all started buying GME they could squeeze the short sellers. It's been amazing to watch.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”