STIMULUS CHECK

Play nice and have fun...
gregj410

Re: STIMULUS CHECK

Postby gregj410 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:15 pm

and taxes to pay, :wink:

That should excite some people around here.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:16 pm

Trump deposited my stimulus check directly into my bank account. The little girl feeler sent me a card you have to get approved and then take to your bank to cash it.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:27 pm

v8vega wrote:Trump deposited my stimulus check directly into my bank account. The little girl feeler sent me a card you have to get approved and then take to your bank to cash it.

Who? This guy? C’mon man!

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:33 am

"Trump deposited my stimulus check directly into my bank account. The little girl feeler sent me a card you have to get approved and then take to your bank to cash it."

You have my sympathies for your cries of despair about how you are getting money you neither expected nor asked for.
Neil

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:34 am

SCOREBOARD.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:50 am

The whole system is horrible. 1,31,2021. My wife and i are still waiting for 2019 tax return. I filed it last week of feb.2020. I was an online filing. In past years i would have it back within 2 weeks. Try to contact someone about it. Nobody is out there to answer phones.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:12 am

robert. wrote:The whole system is horrible. 1,31,2021. My wife and i are still waiting for 2019 tax return. I filed it last week of feb.2020. I was an online filing. In past years i would have it back within 2 weeks. Try to contact someone about it. Nobody is out there to answer phones.

That seems to indicate that you may have done something wrong in the process - ours and my son's came just are usual. Suggest that you look for confirmation that the filing was actually executed.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:31 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:The whole system is horrible. 1,31,2021. My wife and i are still waiting for 2019 tax return. I filed it last week of feb.2020. I was an online filing. In past years i would have it back within 2 weeks. Try to contact someone about it. Nobody is out there to answer phones.

That seems to indicate that you may have done something wrong in the process - ours and my son's came just are usual. Suggest that you look for confirmation that the filing was actually executed.

An online check shows it as " processing" I used a company easy file. They show it as received 2,24,20. and processed 3,07,2020. They show the amount and deposit bending. I reached out to a senator and a congressman. Only to receive a basic Blah blah blah. IRS is busy. We are are working on road projects and a new bridge in your town. Please vote for me i have 20 FBI. employment and will work for the people.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:37 am

robert. wrote: I used a company easy file.

I have no idea what that is but apparently it's not as easy as advertised.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:19 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote: I used a company easy file.

I have no idea what that is but apparently it's not as easy as advertised.

First problem i have had with them. 6-7 years i have used them. It cost 30 bucks . They file federal , state and local. Federal is free. State and local 15 each. They advertise on the IRS website. No one is working in the IRS offices. 2 registered letters have gone unanswered.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:41 pm

robert. wrote:No one is working in the IRS offices.

Kind of doubt that.

2 registered letters have gone unanswered.

I've never known the IRS to actually respond to letters.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:29 pm

[quote="robert."]No one is working in the IRS offices./quote]

I called in last Friday to order 2020 tax forms and spoke to a live person. I would look on the IRS website for information. I would also contact the people who prepared your return and ask for their input. H&R Block will also answer a question for free, as in: "I have yet to receive my 2020 refund, what steps should I take?"

If you asked for an electronic deposit, I'd double check to make sure you didn't overlook it.

Snail mail! As we have noted in our many discussions, last year was not a particularly good year for mail delivery. I'm sure they (IRS) have some kind of process to deal with your problem.

If I were Neil, I'd just blame it on Trump! :wink:

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:23 pm

If you call the irs. They say “ we wont tell you where your refund is” you need to use their website . They have a section . Where’s my refund. Enter your adjusted gross. Your SS# and your refund amount. That will show the stage of your refund.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”