In Pelosi's own words

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

In Pelosi's own words

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:07 pm

A resurfaced May 2017 tweet from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has led to calls for consistency from Twitter as the social media giant continues its efforts to crack down on those skeptical of the results of the 2020 presidential election.

However, on the eve of Robert Mueller's appointment as a special counsel to investigate allegations of collusion between Russian officials and the Trump 2016 campaign, Pelosi tweeted: "Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts."

Pence uses Pelosi's own words to justify not invoking the 25th Amendment

Vice President Mike Pence told Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi that he will not invoke the 25th Amendment, as lawmakers flooded into the House chamber for a vote Tuesday night on a resolution calling for him to do so.

"Last week, I did not yield to pressure to exert power beyond my constitutional authority to determine the outcome of the election," Pence said to the speaker in an evening letter. "And I will not now yield to efforts in the House of Representatives to play political games at a time so serious in the life of our nation."

"Just a few months ago, when you introduced legislation to create a 25th Amendment Commission, you said, [a] President’s fitness for office must be determined by science and facts'," Pence wrote. "You said that we must be very respectful of not making a judgment on the basis of a comment or behavior that we don’t like, but based on a medical decision.

"Madam Speaker you were right," the vice president added. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: In Pelosi's own words

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:14 pm

Nobody really wants to invoke the 25th. This is all posturing and rhetoric w/o substance. Use of it leaves way too many doors open.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 pm

Pelosi is a real gem. She drug her feet on the covid relief package for the American people but she sure as hell didn’t waste anytime trying to impeach Trump.

He lives in their heads. Trump derangement syndrome. I’m sure this will go on the next four years. Anything to keep him from running again in 2024.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:32 pm

Oddly enough, I feel sorry for him.
I feel sorry for us .

Is it odd?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:45 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I feel sorry for us.

Is it odd?

Not really.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:23 pm

I feel more sorry for us and his family, than him. I believe he thrives in that environment, it’s like he was made for this, like Michael Jordan for basketball

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:01 pm

Nancy has a true hatred for Donald. I don't think i have ever witnessed that much hatred.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:10 pm

What's the first 4 letters of Twitter? Maybe that's what we should call the users! :mrgreen:

If Peloser wants to fix something, maybe she should take a whack at California.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:16 pm

I have come to the conclusion that Nancy and Donald are like 2 peas in a pod Both egotistical and Arrogant, Nancy has a vandeta to process to Get into the history books as the woman that impeached a president twice And yet she didn't get to remove him from office.

You would think she would want to spend more time solving California problems since they are flat on their A$$ with the pandemic and the distribution of the vaccine .

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm

gregj410 wrote:I feel more sorry for us and his family, than him. I believe he thrives in that environment, it’s like he was made for this, like Michael Jordan for basketball

That's an interesting perspective. Plenty to think about there.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:25 am

HONDO74 wrote:I have come to the conclusion that Nancy and Donald are like 2 peas in a pod Both egotistical and Arrogant, Nancy has a vandeta to process to Get into the history books as the woman that impeached a president twice And yet she didn't get to remove him from office.

You would think she would want to spend more time solving California problems since they are flat on their A$$ with the pandemic and the distribution of the vaccine .

Yes they are. Both need to watch Patrick Swayze in roadhouse. Show no emotion . What f somebody throws a beer bottle? No emotion. Ask them to leave.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”