Postby gregj410 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:40 pm

Don’t you have some snow to shovel? :)

HONDO74

Re: Has President Trump

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:54 pm

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:59 pm

Don't they need to petition a court and ask if they can quit?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:09 pm

Trump parts with impeachment lawyers a week before trial
https://www.ky3.com/2021/01/31/trump-lo ... ore-trial/

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump has parted ways with his lead impeachment lawyers just over a week before his Senate trial is set to begin, two people familiar with the situation said Saturday.

Butch Bowers and Deborah Barbier, both South Carolina lawyers, are no longer with Trump’s defense team. One of the people described the parting as a “mutual decision” that reflected a difference of opinion on the direction of the case. Both insisted on anonymity to discuss private conversations.

One said new additions to the legal team were expected to be announced in a day or two.

The upheaval injects fresh uncertainty into the makeup and strategy of Trump’s defense team as he prepares to face charges that he incited the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. However, all but five Senate Republicans this week voted in favor of an effort to dismiss the trial before it even started, making clear a conviction of the former president is unlikely regardless of his defense team.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:28 pm

gregj410 wrote:Don’t you have some snow to shovel? :)

Not yet.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:41 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

Not yet.

Pay someone to do that........
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:39 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

Not yet.

Pay someone to do that........

I really wish I could , but there is nobody around to do so. I'm hoping a dear friend who is a vital 37yr old, who befriended us since he was 10, when we were newly married and moved into our new home, will take charge and solve the problem for me, as he has at times in the past (it was he who went up a ladder propped against the house a few episodes in the past, to rake-shovel one of the problem roof areas.

We shall see what developes.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:12 pm

9 of Cuomo's top health officials leave amid COVID-19 vaccine rollout disagreements
State health officials often learned of new policies through Cuomo news conferences, report says

Nine of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's top health officials have left their posts or retired in the past several months as Cuomo takes heat for his coronavirus vaccine rollout plan that was designed with help from hospital executives, The New York Times reported on Monday.

That includes Elizabeth Dufort, medical director of the division of epidemiology, Jill Taylor, director of Wadsworth laboratory where scientists detect virus variants, the director of the state bureau of communicable disease control and the official in charge of health data, according to state records analyzed by The New York Times.

Approximately 43,000 New Yorkers have died of coronavirus, and it's unknown if Cuomo's plan would have performed better or worse than the local-centric plan, The New York Times reported.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:09 pm

It's never good when all the experts think the governor is wrong. The odds are the experts are going to turn out to be right in most cases, not the guy who never took college biology :). Speaking as a biased expert, I admit.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:37 pm

But Cuomo wrote a book. On how to be a leader during a virus/pandemic. He should have titled it Don't point to the scoreboard in the first quarter.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:29 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Nine of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's top health officials have left their posts or retired in the past several months as Cuomo takes heat for his coronavirus vaccine rollout plan that was designed with help from hospital executives, The New York Times reported on Monday.

Well, maybe or not - logistics of distribution is something that hospital executives just might be better at than biologists. A very few states are doing this in something close to successful; the rest seem to be struggling to figure it all out or are just clueless. No matter what, someone is going to think that know better and will be a critic. Seems that is something that the entire country has gotten very good at doing.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:06 pm

Neil wrote:It's never good when all the experts think the governor is wrong. The odds are the experts are going to turn out to be right in most cases, not the guy who never took college biology :). Speaking as a biased expert, I admit.

Question. does taking biology or other related science classes in college qualify a person to be an expert.

I am not being sarcastic about this. I will explain the reason for the question when I get the answer.....

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:13 pm

No degree needed to be a retired drip under pressure. :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:33 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Question. does taking biology or other related science classes in college qualify a person to be an expert.

By themselves, no.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”