vaccine

Play nice and have fun...
rogruth

Re: vaccine

Postby rogruth » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:46 am

IMO there is too much unofficial information about Covid available.
Is an official site available that has all of this info?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:52 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote: How can a business force somebody to take an experimental drug? Only approved for emergency use.

Pretty easily. Simple matter of maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.

I'd like to see that played out in the courts. Masks and social distancing make for a healthy work place. Doctors say it all the time " Masks work" Now you want to force somebody to take a drug without long term testing. What's the effect on pregnant ladies? unborn children? People that want to conceive a child? To many unknowns to force someone into taking it. 54 percent of PA's health care workers want take it.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:57 am

rogruth wrote:IMO there is too much unofficial information about Covid available.
Is an official site available that has all of this info?

it's all bs. that changes everyday. They keep moving the goalposts.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:06 pm

The likelihood that someone who is vaccinated will transmit the virus is low, but not zero. Nothing is 100% in medicine. Vaccination will save lives and has minimal risks. There's never been any evidence of long term consequences of vaccination, and it seems very unlikely that these will be any different. Anyhow, living long enough to develop a long term complication is a goal. This virus kills people, even young healthy people with some frequency, including children in a few cases. The vaccine kills nobody so far. Requiring vaccination for certain jobs is fully within the rights of various employers. You have a right to reject a vaccine, but you do not have a right to put others at risk. That's why vaccination is required for public school attendance in many areas. My child's right to good health vs. your child's right to freedom of choice.

The simple fact is until there are very few cases, masks and indoor contact precautions will be necessary throughout the country. Right now there are still tens of thousands of new cases per day and we don't know what the pattern of resurgence might be. Perhaps there will be a respite during the summer as in the first wave. One can hope. That would be terrific, but there are no guarantees. With vaccines we have a chance to get this mostly under control. If you and your family want to take a chance on dying, by all means reject the vaccines. There will be plenty of vaccinated workers to take care of you and, if necessary, arrange for disposal of the unfortunate few dead. Your call.

Sorry, but there's a war on and we don't know when it will be over. Get vaccinated, wear masks in public and socialize within a tiny circle of people indoors, preferably only those you live with. Otherwise, outdoors makes sense. Personally, while vaccinated, I'm not going to indoor restaurants, for example. I do tip restaurant workers and delivery drivers at least 25%, since I'm fully employed. I also shop sometimes at our local Wegmans. I wear a mask despite the low risk to others and to myself. Seems a reasonable precaution given the circumstances. Personal choice.
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:19 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote: How can a business force somebody to take an experimental drug? Only approved for emergency use.

Pretty easily. Simple matter of maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.

I'd like to see that played out in the courts. Masks and social distancing make for a healthy work place. Doctors say it all the time " Masks work" Now you want to force somebody to take a drug without long term testing. What's the effect on pregnant ladies? unborn children? People that want to conceive a child? To many unknowns to force someone into taking it. 54 percent of PA's health care workers want take it.

They'd win it in court pretty easily.

Last I looked it's not approved for pregnant ladies......interesting choice of words --- you know of pregnant men? Not approved for children of under 16 or 18 as well.

Nothing is 100% in medicine.

Correct. There are no guarantees and will never be perfect. Expectations of otherwise demonstrates that you can't fix stupid.

A friend who has had both shots, told me a vaccinated person can still contract Covid, they just won't get sick, but will still carry the virus and be able to transmit it.

Is your friend some sort of virologist or immunologist? Curious. I don;t know 100% that the latter clause is entirely true.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:26 pm

Im 52 . My turn for a vaccine will be mid 2022. I’ll take my chances with my own immune system. Im the summer of 2022 i will decide what path to take.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:47 pm

robert. wrote:Im 52 . My turn for a vaccine will be mid 2022. I’ll take my chances with my own immune system. Im the summer of 2022 i will decide what path to take.

Likewise. I’m also 52 and I’ll hedge my bets. To much bullshit and too much inconsistency from the so called experts for me to believe that my life is at risk.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Now youse guys are really making me feel old.
All four of my kids are older than you.
I 'spose I should add "all" to that since I live in the south now.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:31 am

"To much bullshit and too much inconsistency from the so called experts for me to believe that my life is at risk."

So here's the deal :). This virus is totally fricking new so we're making decisions on the fly here and sometimes we get it wrong. As for so-called experts, I'm sure your extensive training in public health, virology and medicine means yobs like you could do a better job, just like that dimwit Rush Limbaugh, for whom smoking doesn't cause the lung cancer that killed him. Or that brilliant guy Trump who almost died of the virus that he said wasn't a big problem. Sorry, but relying on the insights of the totally ignorant isn't a viable strategy for the country.

By not getting vaccinated you not only endanger yourself but everyone you come in contact with, including your children, spouse and elders. It's a patriotic act and a loving one for your family and friends to get vaccinated ASAP. Less likely your widow will complain about how us experts got it wrong.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 am

Neil wrote:"To much bullshit and too much inconsistency from the so called experts for me to believe that my life is at risk."

So here's the deal :). This virus is totally fricking new so we're making decisions on the fly here and sometimes we get it wrong. As for so-called experts, I'm sure your extensive training in public health, virology and medicine means yobs like you could do a better job, just like that dimwit Rush Limbaugh, for whom smoking doesn't cause the lung cancer that killed him. Or that brilliant guy Trump who almost died of the virus that he said wasn't a big problem. Sorry, but relying on the insights of the totally ignorant isn't a viable strategy for the country.

By not getting vaccinated you not only endanger yourself but everyone you come in contact with, including your children, spouse and elders. It's a patriotic act and a loving one for your family and friends to get vaccinated ASAP. Less likely your widow will complain about how us experts got it wrong.

If you’re going to talk about people it almost killed. Pleased mention the ones that had no ill effects.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:58 am

"If you’re going to talk about people it almost killed. Pleased mention the ones that had no ill effects."

Even the black death of the 1300s spared 2/3's of the population. This is worse than the seasonal flu, which kills tens of thousands each year until this year, and much less serious than bubonic plague. You want to play Russian roulette with your health and that of your spouse, child and parents, uncles and aunts, it's your dangerous decision. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 am

I'll wait. Let's see what kind of Russian Roulette is played by the vaccine.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:38 am

Funny how Neil sees the word expert and thinks we are referring to him. Speaking of dimwits. I wouldn’t trust you on medical advice for my dog much less human beings.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:13 am

"I wouldn’t trust you on medical advice for my dog much less human beings."

Suit yourself. Couldn't care less. My posts are to potentially assist thoughtful, rational people.
Neil

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:14 am

"I'll wait. Let's see what kind of Russian Roulette is played by the vaccine."

Your call, obviously. But I don't like the odds that the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease. Just FYI.
Neil

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”