In the News

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: In the News

Postby robert. » Thu May 25, 2023 3:24 pm

I figured i’d get a BS answer on the books. If you can’t give a list of books banned from public libraries. Don’t say “ Theýre banning books” Any book you would like the read can be had teough Bucks County free library system.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu May 25, 2023 3:25 pm

Unless you've been living under a rock or are willfully contrary, you know that people are trying to censor books in the same way the Russian Communists and German Nazis did back in the good old days. I was primarily referring to parents removing books from school libraries. There are certainly jackasses trying to remove books from public libraries too.

As far as BS, you're pretty good at it yourself :). Not all elected officials are crooks or scoundrels. The alternative is anarchy, in any case. Your blanket criticism of all elected officials is as BS as it gets.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu May 25, 2023 3:36 pm

Tell me the books removed from public libraries. My rock i live under had not had any removed. You have fallen into a trap set by the media. 465 books have been taken out of public school libraries. ALL THOSE BOOKS CAN BE VIEWED IN OUR FREE LIBRARY SYSTEM. They can also be viewed on students school issued laptops. The sky is not falling.

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu May 25, 2023 3:37 pm

"courts by formerly being convicted in the press."

Like Stewart Rhoades, formally convicted by a jury? Like Donald Trump, found liable by a jury for his misogynist behavior and slander/libel? The horrible mainstream journalists who got Jan. 6 and Donald Trump wrong :). You want juries. You're going to get juries for the sedition and insurrection of the MAGA crowd's worst elements.
Neil

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu May 25, 2023 3:38 pm

No need to explain yourself Dr Dumberg. We’re used to you coming on here and making a complete *** of yourself. It’s become a favorite pastime of MTJ.

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu May 25, 2023 3:39 pm

"You have fallen into a trap set by the media."

If you don't think there are people trying to suppress books and ideas they don't like, you are living under a rock. No one said the sky is falling, but there are forces that are antithetical to democracy, representative government, religious and cultural tolerance making loud noises and having some success in Republican led states.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu May 25, 2023 3:40 pm

Do you think 10,11,12,13,14,and 15 year old kids should view books showing BJs being preformed? That book wad removed from school libraries and can still be viewed in Bucks County Public Library system. I’t not banned or burnt.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu May 25, 2023 3:41 pm

LORD OF THE FLIES was removed also.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu May 25, 2023 3:43 pm

They are making noise and just that. Books can be had all over. Online , in stores and libraries

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu May 25, 2023 3:43 pm

I don't pretend to know what middle school children should and should not be allowed to read. I figure professional educators have that well in hand. Most teachers are not exactly Vladimir Lenin or John Lennon ;).

Now that the fanatic religious right has lost the battle on same sex marriage, equal rights for the LGBT community, they've insanely gone after drag queens and gender dysphoria care. State of the art 1660 morals. Surprised they haven't considered official witch hunts like their Puritan predecessors. Get your Salem Was Right t-shirts over here.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu May 25, 2023 3:54 pm

Would you let your 11 year old child read a book about BJs? Would you let that child read a book about rape? A chapter that says “ he made me swallow his salty balls ad he pead on my face”. That is only one line from the chapter. Even the Author says ˇ iťs not for middle school” yet people say it is banned´

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu May 25, 2023 3:55 pm

Do you think 10,11,12,13,14,and 15 year old kids should view books showing BJs being preformed

Neil would probably prefer to do a ‘hands on’ demonstration :lol:

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu May 25, 2023 4:06 pm

robert. wrote:Would you let your 11 year old child read a book about BJs? Would you let that child read a book about rape? A chapter that says “ he made me swallow his salty balls ad he pead on my face”. That is only one line from the chapter. Even the Author says ˇ iťs not for middle school” yet people say it is banned´

The Democrats love this sort of stuff. Look at Anthony Weiner, Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, Al Franken, John Edwards, Bill Gates just to mention a few.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu May 25, 2023 4:27 pm

JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH was removed from school libraries. Where is the outrage?

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Thu May 25, 2023 4:33 pm

robert. wrote:JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH was removed from school libraries. Where is the outrage?

I dunno. Telling kids the parents were eaten by a rhinoceros, folks who took the hero in abused him, and giant insects invading New York? The horror!
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”