Protest and Violent Protest

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Protest and Violent Protest

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:34 pm

up148 wrote:..............with the WH doing too little too late, as usual.

Well, they need to make up their minds (plural intended...). They start off by dumping everything back on the states denying any responsibility or need for involvement and then change their minds and start meddling where they stated they would not - kill that credibility. And then they go into total overkill mode. Sits well with everyone and looks like an extension action imported from some repressive totalitarian state. Great optics.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:47 am

up148 wrote:
Yes, many lessons that should have been remembered, haven't been. As you're say, the handling of these protests has been mishandled from the top to the bottom, with the WH doing too little too late, as usual.

Doesn't the state have a GOVERNER? What is He/She doing? Bring in the state police. Go up the food chain before you call in the feds, and if the local/state officials can't do their job GET RID of them. Too easy to blame everything on the WH.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Tonight, while watching what I will call a shock-u-mentary on Vietnam, I heard the familiar words and 7 notes: "Hello Darkness, My Old Friend " and realized those first notes are about as memorable and immediately identifiable for their message as is the first 8 notes of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

In their own fashion, they are both about Fate, aren't they.

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:30 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Personally I wish they would pull out and just let these idiots burn Portland down... Just like all the other democrat controlled cities. Those are the only cities that this $hit is happening in

Agreed. And they should throw that lunatic mayor in the slammer.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:05 pm

It seems obvious to me, and I am sure to many others here, that we are only happy when actions taken agree with what we think or condone.
Much of our lives have been taken up with becoming a useful component in some way in our society. So time is taken to teach persons how to
fit in and then to learn how to think for them selves and really add to our community. I was a large group music teacher and spent a lot of
my time getting students to cooperate and create a musical experience and find a way to not break them as individuals. IMO little time is
spent on teaching individuals today. The test scores and passing percentage is more important than the individual student today.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:58 pm

Shouldn't we be a bit careful here? In every group of people there are folks who just want to be violent for violence's sake. I remember the Vietnam War protests - mostly peaceful, but there was always some jerk willing to do counterproductive stuff. In one march for peace, a jerkhead threw a trashcan through a church window. The purpose for that?

It does not take more than two or three people to completely destroy any attempt at a peaceful demonstration. Those people can be any race, color, or religion.

The problem here is those very few people have turned the American public against the Black Lives Matter movement. The movement itself would not want that.

Remember, half of all Americans have an IQ under 100, and for every American with an IQ of 140, there is someone dumb enough to think that trashing a black-owned business is a good idea.

I agree - catch the looters, and prosecute them. But stop shooting black men in the back?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:16 am

bob turner wrote:Remember, half of all Americans have an IQ under 100, and for every American with an IQ of 140, there is someone dumb enough to think that trashing a black-owned business is a good idea.

I suspect that IQ is not a good metric.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:09 am

SO after months of these so called peaceful protest,Have any positive changes been made ?? It appears to me that the elected officials have just been sitting around wringing their hands and blaming others for the problems they created.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:25 am

HONDO74 wrote:......... blaming others for the problems.............

Isn't that SOP?

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:08 am

Well, as long as the "peaceful" protesters and media protect the violent ones, nothing will change. Once again the values in our country are changing for the worse. We are melting down to the lowest common denominator. People/media are embracing the bottom of the IQ bell.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 am

The only thing that the media is protecting is selling commercial time.

The more riled up that they can get viewers, the more commercials they can run selling you drugs for diseases you don't have.....

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:40 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:The only thing that the media is protecting is selling commercial time.

The more riled up that they can get viewers, the more commercials they can run selling you drugs for diseases you don't have.....

But the commercials make everyone that takes those drugs to be so happy and playful. Why shouldn't we all want them? :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:28 am

Yes, I suppose selling advertising is most important. We seldom watch commercial TV, except to get local weather. We watch a little C-Span and then PBS for evening news, when we can stand what they're showing. Actually, it's not what they're covering, more of how they're going to "spin" it. I guess the godfather phrase is my excuse for watching PBS. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer". They're not my friends. :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:07 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:The only thing that the media is protecting is selling commercial time.

But the commercials make everyone that takes those drugs to be so happy and playful. Why shouldn't we all want them? :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

Easy. Just listen to the list of side effects that they all have......used to be one for toe nail fungus with a side effect of leukemia and death. I'm pretty sure how to make that decision.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:10 am

up148 wrote:Yes, I suppose selling advertising is most important. We seldom watch commercial TV, except to get local weather.

Pretty much that same; when the news became visit our web site and/or watch this viral Youtube video :roll: .....it stopped being news. When they started to overtly only present 1/2 of the story; you know the ones where 10 min later you start to ask questions about all the details and aspects that got left out..... :roll:

I will watch the financial news networks; money, money, money :!: and at times just better more complete news :wink:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”