How is everyone doing?

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

How is everyone doing?

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:47 am

Just checking on how everyone is doing - just drop a note here to let everyone know, please.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Re: How is everyone doing?

Postby healey36 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 am

Doing fine. Still masking, social distancing, and for the most part, sticking around the shack. Within my four or five degrees of separation, four dead from C-19, so we're not untouched.

up148

Postby up148 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:53 am

Ditto on staying safe and watching the non-believers. :D

chuck

Postby chuck » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:02 am

Physically, pretty well. Mentally, a little worse for the wear.

Have had to adjust to fewer concentrated shopping trips. Mask wearing and social distancing not an issue per se other than dealing with people that don't. Got my eye exam and glasses updated and a dental checkup. Finally able to take bottles/cans back. Still can't recycle batteries. Taking a video seminar on "detective mystery fiction on film" which features Zoom meetings to discuss films.

It is so frustrating to have people behave so badly and make things much worse when following a few simple rules/guidelines would make things much more tolerable.

I miss the library. I miss not being able to visit my kids. I am happy everyone in the family is safe/OK. I worry about what's going to happen next.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 am

The big church I go to has live streaming of the Sunday service. The pastor and worship team are there, just no people. Well I heard some people are showing up, the church still isn’t officially open. So I went yesterday and there were around 300 or 400 people there. It seats 3,000 so there was lots of room. Only a few had masks. It was wonderful for a little bit of back to normal.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:13 am

Same old crap, different day! :lol: :lol: :lol: Plenty of TP at the super market :lol: :lol: :lol: . Things are slowly opening back up, and gas prices are on the rise. Purchased fuel oil at the lowest price it has been in eons. Don't miss the Pro athletes and the Hollywood idiots.

webenda

Postby webenda » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:24 am

Arizona Gov. Ducey Follows Trump’s Lead, Continues to Open Business Despite COVID Increases.

As for me, I continue to stay at home as much as possible.
I continue to wear a mask when going for food or medicine.
I feel fine.

Waiting for the second wave, which may or may not happen, this isn't the Spanish flu.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:57 pm

Angry, Annoyed, scared,anxious, and not sure how this ends.
Angry at every politician that can not answer where my unemployment is. Annoyed at the whole system of failures. from the top down. Dems and repubs. Scared to catch it and pass it on to somebody that can't handle it. Anxious as to how my child's education goes for the next year or two. Not sure what the end game is with this. Yet i'm fearful that i know how bad it will end for many.
Healthy happy to have spent 4 months with my daughter. Fishing,standing in a creek for hours. We caught turtles large mouth bass frogs and eels. We now have a pet painted turtle. A hatchling. You can hand feed him or drop a little tadpole in and he'll eat it. Every day we go for an 8 mile bike ride. Read and do worksheets. This makes all those other emotions go away.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

healey36

Postby healey36 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm

robert. wrote:Not sure what the end game is with this. Yet i'm fearful that i know how bad it will end for many.

Things seem to be accelerating toward catastrophe, yet a broad swath of the general population seems oblivious. I had planned on spending a week in August in OBX, but now I'm beginning to think that would be incredibly foolish.

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 pm

It is very disturbing to see the foolishness of people, even in my prosperous, well educated suburb, walk around closely in groups with no masks. That said, we are currently headed towards minimal disease. For the first time in four months, our 880 bed university hospital, which serves a few million people, has no one in the ICU on a ventilator. Hospital census is almost entirely non-COVID-19 patients. Some combination of having shut everything down since mid-March and perhaps the summer weather/seasonal variation. Ghastly what's happening in Texas, Florida, etc., made worse by idiot leadership at the national and state level. Thankfully, intensivists are getting better at treating this disease, not putting everyone on a ventilator with high pressure that works for typical lung failure. And we have two drugs that appear to mitigate the severity of the disease.

Probably more bad times ahead before things truly improve. Stay safe, stay home and wear a mask when out amongst people. Let those of us who have work to do, do it and don't make more work for us :).
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:27 am

All of the covid outposts in Philly and the suburbs have been removed. !,500 beds in temple's basketball stadium, 1000+ beds Glenn mills academy and 800 + Delval university. All gone Dismantled Same goes for the Atlantic city convention center. None of these beds were ever used. Had mid Atlantic states put the infected elderly people there. Things maybe different with long term care deaths. Several Governors made orders to have these infected people returned to their long term care facilities. Maybe if they remained in hospitals or outposts. It would have stopped the spread through long term care places.

Doylestown hospital is now 35 million dollars in the hole. 1/4 of a year with no elective surgery. Will those wanting surgery return? Time will tell. Its hard for the public to take this virus as a grave danger when you see the tents come down. Heck its on the back page of the news. Only covid info we get is. What baseball players have it. These guys have been together for only a week. On a baseball field and it is running wild. Yet people want to go workout in a 200 sq ft. gym.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:28 am

twice again

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:02 am

One bit of good news. The death rate is dropping, probably because younger people are getting infected and doctors are getting better at treating the disease. This should only improve further from here on out. Eventually, in the next year or so, we should be able to get the death rate down to that of seasonal influenza is my best guess. Not a walk in the park, but much better than the first few months.
Neil

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:50 pm

This may be a bit morbid. I am 86 ( I have said this too often recently ) but I almost hope I will not be around to see what happens to my grand and great grand children in the too near future. My four children are ages 57-65. We can't worry about them too much. They are capable of helping themselves. Maybe. The 11 ( ? ) grands and greats range from 1.5 to mid 40s. Don't know what they can do. Maybe they will just fit right in with where the country
may go. I really don't want to be around to find out.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:26 am

We can forget Land of the Free and home of the Brave.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”