Coronavirus:

Play nice and have fun...
MartyE

Re: Coronavirus:

Postby MartyE » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:08 pm

robert. wrote:Pennsylvania went to antibody 16 or over . Problem is sites have shutdown. Without j&j Pa has a real shortfall. Time will tell on that one

Shortfall? Pharmacy’s in western Pa have been opening up to 18 year and up for a couple of weeks now. They also been open to non appointments.

My drive up clinic was supposed to do the 12000 of J&J. Of course Tuesday the crap hit the fan. By Wednesday they had switched to Pfizer. Still at full capacity. By noon on Wednesday they opened it up to non appointments.

Seems at least in Western Pa they can’t give it away. I just don’t see the shortfall of vaccine where I live. I see the opposite.
Last edited by MartyE on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:39 pm

Bucks and montco have been fighting for vaccines. These 2 counties are in the bottom 5 out of 65 counties.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:10 pm

robert. wrote:Bucks and montco have been fighting for vaccines. These 2 counties are in the bottom 5 out of 65 counties.

Odd.............
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:14 pm

robert. wrote:Bucks and montco have been fighting for vaccines. These 2 counties are in the bottom 5 out of 65 counties.

Any reason why?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:43 pm

rogruth wrote:

Any reason why?

Curious as to why and if that really even true or just rumor
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:13 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:

Any reason why?

It's been a hot topic. Some say the push was to do Pitt and Philly first. Others say it's politics or race.
this story is from march 8th https://whyy.org/articles/philly-suburb ... ine-doses/

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:13 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:Any reason why?

It's been a hot topic. Some say the push was to do Pitt and Philly first. Others say it's politics or race.
this story is from march 8th https://whyy.org/articles/philly-suburb ... ine-doses/

Probably an unhealthy dose of total BS all around.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:01 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Probably an unhealthy dose of total BS all around.

Yeah.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:39 pm

Philadelphia and Pittsburgh get their own vaccines plus an allotment from the state. Along with a supply from FEMA. They both have 3 sources. While the other counties only receive vaccines from the state health department. The suburbs of philly have received less per per capita. Bucks Delco and Montco received a boat load of J&J to make up for the shortfall. That's on hold know.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:30 pm

Fauci acknowledges outdoor COVID-19 transmission 'low,' expects updated mask guidance
Fauci said the risk for infection in an outdoor setting is 'minuscule'

Dr. Anthony Fauci believes the Centers for Disease Control will soon provide updated COVID-19 guidance on using face masks in outdoor settings, calling it "common sense" to do so.

Face masks have taken an increasingly central role in debate lately as many question the continued and widespread use of masks even as vaccinations continue to soar nationwide. A Georgia mother went viral this week after she sounded off on her local school board continuing its mask mandate through next year.

Fauci agrees with some of that thought, saying that the risk for people engaging in outdoor activities is "minuscule," especially for vaccinated individuals.

"What I believe you’re going to be hearing, what the country is going to be hearing soon, is updated guidelines from the CDC," Fauci told ABC’s "This Week." "The CDC is a science-based organization. They don’t want to make any guidelines unless they look at the data and the data backs it up."

"But when you look around at the common sense situation, the risk is really low, especially if you’re vaccinated," he said.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:03 pm

Blah, blah, blah. Hard to imagine Fauci’s named parked next to the words ‘common sense’

MartyE

Postby MartyE » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:58 am

gregj410 wrote:Blah, blah, blah. Hard to imagine Fauci’s named parked next to the words ‘common sense’

Yep I'm pretty much over this guy. He has changed his mind more times on this.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:34 am

I'm sick of Fauci on TV.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:10 pm

Biden bans travel from India amid COVID surge

The Biden administration has upgraded its travel advisory for India to an outright ban as the COVID-19 crisis in the country continues to spiral out of control -- something President Biden once said would "not stop" coronavirus.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki announced the ban Friday afternoon, saying the decision was made on the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

"The administration will restrict travel from India starting immediately," Psaki told reporters. "The policy will be implemented in light of extraordinarily high COVID-19 caseloads and multiple variants circulating in India."

The policy will take effect on Tuesday, May 4.

President Biden has previously been critical of travel bans implemented by then-President Donald Trump as a tool to fight the spread of COVID-19, saying they "will not stop" the disease.

"Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it," Biden tweeted in March 2020 at the very start of the pandemic.

"A wall will not stop the coronavirus," he wrote. "Banning all travel from Europe -- or any other part of the world -- will not stop it. This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet -- and we need a plan to combat it."

When Trump wanted to ban travel from China he was called a Racist and a Bigot. So what does this make BIDEN ??

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 pm

A practical protector, putting up his shield. A warrior doing what needs to be done to help his people survive an insidious enemy.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”