Questions on train forums I wouldn't think of asking.

Play nice and have fun...
rogruth

Re: Questions on train forums I wouldn't think of asking.

Postby rogruth » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 pm

HONDO74 wrote:This is an interesting read about Salmon...

How does an Atlantic salmon differ from a Pacific salmon?
https://medium.com/@robinbarefield76/ho ... 42bb2eac02

Thanks, Hondo. I agree that it was interesting.
We buy some from the super market now and then. Sometimes it is listed as fresh and sometimes as fresh frozen whatever that means.
My wife likes salmon more than I but I will eat some.
Now tell me please, anybody that cooks their own, what is the best way to cook it. Small details are not really needed just what you like.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:28 am

Robert, Rufus, and HONDO, I really appreciate the advice of your input about eating salmon. Thank you.
Murph

P.S. I've also received the advice that canned salmon from Norway was the best tasting, due to its delicate flavor (whatever that actually means.)

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Ya want something really tasty, go to Sam's Club and get a package of the salmon/crab strips. Ya get 4 in a package, and it's salmon cut lengthwise, then they take crab meat and roll it. Kinda looks like a big donut or a fritter with alternating salmon/crab meat in a roll. Put a couple of pats of butter on top and pop it under the broiler for a few minutes. Talk about a treat! :D
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

chuck

Postby chuck » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:26 pm

I don't know about taste, but Atlantic Salmon can spawn and then return to the ocean too potentially spawn again the following season. Pacific salmon spawn and then they die.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:57 pm

rogruth wrote:Now tell me please, anybody that cooks their own, what is the best way to cook it. Small details are not really needed just what you like.

Salmon cakes

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:05 am

I just now caught the last ten minutes of a "Leave It To Beaver" episode , the one wherein Beaver's friend, Larry, took money from his mom's sewing kit and claimed it was found-money, it having fallen from an airplane into his yard. Larry shared the money with the Beaver for enjoyment of the local fair.

When I saw the closing-credits, at the end , I mused to myself a thought I wanted to share here with you good fellows.

That is, where did that America, seen and felt in that episode and in that series, go?
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:36 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I just now caught the last ten minutes of a "Leave It To Beaver" episode , the one wherein Beaver's friend, Larry, took money from his mom's sewing it and claimed it was found-money, it having fallen from an airplane into his yard. Larry shared the money with the Beaver for enjoyment of the local fair.

When I saw the closing-credits, at the end , I mused to myself a thought I wanted to share here with you good fellows.

That is, where did that America, seen and felt in that episode and in that series, go?

You're asking where theft by a child went? It grew up and went to Congress, the Banks, Wall St., and insurance companies
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:22 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I just now caught the last ten minutes of a "Leave It To Beaver" episode , the one wherein Beaver's friend, Larry, took money from his mom's sewing it and claimed it was found-money, it having fallen from an airplane into his yard. Larry shared the money with the Beaver for enjoyment of the local fair.

You're asking where theft by a child went? It grew up and went to Congress, the Banks, Wall St., and insurance companies

I apologize. I indulged myself too much by asking such a question here. Just take it as a rhetorical question and forget about it.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:34 am

Sad thing is, Rufus is probably right. :twisted:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I just now caught the last ten minutes of a "Leave It To Beaver" episode , the one wherein Beaver's friend, Larry, took money from his mom's sewing kit and claimed it was found-money, it having fallen from an airplane into his yard. Larry shared the money with the Beaver for enjoyment of the local fair.

Leave it to beaver ran from October 4, 1957 – June 20, 1963

That America left with the assassination of Kennedy and the beginning of Johnson's Vietnam war. The Vietnam war changed this country dramatically. Just my opinion.......

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:30 am

Let's remember that the 1950s era also encompassed a fair amount of Red scare, communist baiting (remember Joe McCarthy and the blacklist), racism and limited opportunities for women. Beaver was fine, but lots of other people weren't fine. I agree with Hondo that the Kennedy assassination, the Vietnam war and the later Kennedy and King assassinations changed the country dramatically and led to increased special pleading for everyone :), polarization and the world we know. Then again, the divisiveness of the Roosevelt New Deal era and the Civil War era weren't exactly a walk in the park either. It's part of our social traditions.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:35 am

Let’s see. The kid steals from a lady. Lied . Then was sorry when he got caught. Only change in 70 plus yeas. Nobody tried to discredit the lady. :shock: well maybe a few more. No #metoo. Or live streaming of the theft. :lol:
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:58 am

I know I shouldn't say this but what is next to become a cause? Is there anything left?

We had four kids born between 1955 and 1963. I once made the mistake of saying in their presence that if I had know then what it was going to like for them when they were grown that we might not have had them to grow up in the world of today. I think that was @ 1980. IMHO it is worse today.
roger

I support thread drift.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:09 pm

rogruth wrote:I know I shouldn't say this but what is next to become a cause? Is there anything left?

The cancel Culture the next step in political correctness. This is where they look into your past to see what you have said or something you might have done to take you down.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:16 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
rogruth wrote:I know I shouldn't say this but what is next to become a cause? Is there anything left?

The cancel Culture the next step in political correctness. This is where they look into your past to see what you have said or something you might have done to take you down.

I thought this was on-going already.
roger

I support thread drift.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”