robert.

Re: SOTU

Postby robert. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 am

His daughter.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 am

robert. wrote:First people blast him for not using a TelePrompTer. They say “ he won’t take advice from anybody. He won’t let them tell him what to say” now half the country is mad the guy read a speech. Ain’t politics grand?. “

I don't know anyone blasting Trump for using a teleprompter and my comment was made in jest anyway (politics have to be taken in the right frame of mind). He actually sounds more intelligent reading from a prompter and should have done that from the very beginning, as he's not good at expressing himself without help.

BH

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:12 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:What would be curious to discover, though I imagine we never will, is WHO was able to have that much sway over him to keep him on-script . That would be a person worth the discovery and the watching .

Curious indeed. I'd like to think he's finally growing up some and learned you can't swim upstream all the time and expect to accomplish anything, but this was only one teleprompter speech. We'll need to see what happens next. :wink: :wink: :wink:

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:45 am

up148 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:What would be curious to discover, though I imagine we never will, is WHO was able to have that much sway over him to keep him on-script . That would be a person worth the discovery and the watching .

Curious indeed. I'd like to think he's finally growing up some and learned you can't swim upstream all the time and expect to accomplish anything, but this was only one teleprompter speech. We'll need to see what happens next. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Actually, the one in Davos last week was also a very scripted teleprompter performance with maybe a few bits off script.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Perhaps he is growing and learning. After all , his milieu of expertise is business, not government. Each sphere requires particular skills. Maybe instead of insisting to the world and to himself that he is right about everything, he is learning that he can and must learn some new-to-him particulars. I am not a fan but do wish him well because if he succeeds, we all succeed . Perhaps he is discovering that the Presidency requires basic subtleties beyond simply announcing, "You're fired!"

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:54 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:.........because if he succeeds, we all succeed.

I am unconvinced that is true.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

What would it take to convince you?

By being President, being successful means, by definition, doing well by the American People. No?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:07 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

What would it take to convince you?

By being President, being successful means, by definition, doing well by the American People. No?

Yes. I am unconvinced that that is his overarching objective.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:37 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:What would it take to convince you?

That would be the impossible dream. :wink: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:What would it take to convince you?

That would be the impossible dream. :wink: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Totally untrue. I am convinced by honesty, actions, and results. Little else matters. I remain independent and not in lockstep with any party or political organization, not wearing blinders and not just swallowing the pablum being spoon fed by politicians; if you belong to an organized political group, don’t expect people to take your opinions seriously. No one cares when a sheep burps.

Endless posturing and unsubstantiated claims are worthless - note that includes all parties. Let any of them actually do something for the people that elected them instead of for themselves or the people that bought and own them.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:13 pm

"No one cares when a sheep burps." I like that .
But does anybody care if a sheep vomits, or takes a massive dump, or gives birth to a whole new kind of sheep? Maaaaayybeeeee. :D
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:32 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:"No one cares when a sheep burps." I like that .
But does anybody care if a sheep vomits, or takes a massive dump, or gives birth to a whole new kind if sheep? Maaaaabeeeee. :D

I to could care less about what all the elite Hollywood sheep have been vomiting about how the rest of us are supposed to live.

Not one thing has happened in the last year that is going to affect their paychecks or their standard of living unless they have done it to them selves.

"The Impossible Dream" That was in reference to trying to convince Rufus of anything. It would be impossible, Just my opinion. Nothing else to it.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 pm

But does anybody care if a sheep vomits, or takes a massive dump, or gives birth to a whole new kind if sheep? Maaaaabeeeee. :D

Only to call someone to clean up the mess..........the analog there refers to what Congress generally achieves - a mess to be cleaned up.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm

HONDO74 wrote:

I to could care less about what all the elite Hollywood sheep have been vomiting about how the rest of us are supposed to live.

Not one thing has happened in the last year that is going to affect their paychecks or their standard of living unless they have done it to them selves.

Hollywood is irrelevant; nothing affects multi-millionaires and billionaires and they are hardly all in Hollywood -- there's close to 450 of them in Congress, the Cabinet, and the WH --- and whatever happened to that draining swamp silliness? Just rotated the deck chairs on the Titanic and re-stocked the swamp - same song sung by a different choir stealing you blind while you applaud.

"The Impossible Dream" That was in reference to trying to convince Rufus of anything. It would be impossible, Just my opinion. Nothing else to it.

Go back and read what I wrote -- it's not hard to convince me, but the lies and fabrications, the distortion of reality, the fraud continues on from one administration to the next and the next and the next while sheeple feed at their favorite trough blindly never questioning anything.

Maybe after 30+ years in the Gov't I just might have learned and seen more than enough to be skeptical until proven otherwise.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:58 pm

It's hard to drain the swamp. They are all friends. Each one of them eats from the same buffet. Your pocket. These people spend 3/4 of their time campaigning . If they did a better job there would be no need to campaign. Now that a train crashed filled with them lets see how quick us. railroad get upgraded.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”