For Murph re: Bear Interactions

Play nice and have fun...
Tom Dempsey

Re: For Murph re: Bear Interactions

Postby Tom Dempsey » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:12 pm

rogruth wrote:wild animals that suddenly go berserk

I don't think that they "go berserk" Roger, I think they just do what they instinctively determine is the proper thing to do at that moment. If that means lunching on a human, so be it. If that means lunching on a particularly ignorant human, we should all praise them for successfully culling our gene pool.

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:18 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:We just had an observed roaming pack of them leave behind a couple deer they ripped apart on the local baseball field, the remnant corpses of which were found the next day.

However, the absence of those deer doesn't seem to have lessened the continual defoliation of our humble yard .

Unless it was a bear that did the deed on the ball field . :shock:

We're in that upper left west section of that map, where the color is the darkest = a greatest density area.

Um, why would you willingly move to that Serengeti shithole?
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:55 am

Nice, Roy, calling where somebody lives a "shithole," down to your usual standards (though I had hoped you had been somewhat mellowed, recently. My error. Apparently.) Referring to someone's home as a shithole. Wow. What a mouth. That has got to be an all-time low, for anybody. Have you ever heard of Dale Carnegie?

To respond to your "inquiry," this is my wife's hometown, since 1947. We looked at new houses in many neighborhoods immediately ahead of our wedding date. We looked and looked, but I could see she wanted one particular new house that happened to have been just built in her hometown. So, I decided to forego considering further a couple of my preferences and went along with buying what she had wanted all along. I didn't know about the plethora of deer present, nor about the phenomenon of other wildlife, until a couple years ago, when my foliage started to disappear and the reports of the apparently resident carnivorous wildlife finally reached me through casual conversation.
"Doing wrong is like a joke to a fool." Proverbs 10: 21-28

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:00 am

Murph,
You got to remember that Roy lines in that paradise called California so all else must be the crapper.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Keep this up boys, and I'll send you all to your rooms without supper!!

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Tom Dempsey wrote:Keep this up boys, and I'll send you all to your rooms without supper!!

I'm fasting, anyolways, today; it's a Friday in Lent. And ya' cant even deprive me of ice cream - I gave that up for the duration. :mrgreen: I will, hawevah, go to my room and take a nap, Tommy-babes. :wink:
P.S. How's yer plush-bear cuddlin' come along? :D

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Murph, do you have a term you prefer, to refer to your herbivorous wildlife overrun domicile? What does your wife think of the deer, coyotes, bear, etc.?

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Roy wrote:Murph, do you have a term you prefer, to refer to your herbivorous wildlife overrun domicile? What does your wife think of the deer, coyotes, bear, etc.?

It's not a matter of preference, on my part, Roy. It is a matter of a person having a bit of grace and style and reserve when speaking of somebody else's HOME. However, you seem to favor the use of the word shit, quite often, so it is not for me to say. I'll just continue to take exception when you get crude and insulting. I'm a patient man, having been around quite a variety of people; however, I will not be abused or pushed around by anybody; hence, my voicing my objection to your crude mouth when it came to my selection of homestead.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:34 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Nice, Roy, calling where somebody lives a "shithole," down to your usual standards (though I had hoped you had been somewhat mellowed, recently. My error. Apparently.) Referring to someone's home as a shithole. Wow. What a mouth. That has got to be an all-time low, for anybody. Have you ever heard of Dale Carnegie?

Dale Carnegie, I was thinking the same thing. How to Win Friends and Influence People in the Digital Age, :wink: :mrgreen:

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:How's yer plush-bear cuddlin' come along? :D

Jacob dislocated a finger during practice for the sectionals and state matches, so no more bear cuddling until next year. He's had an season ending injury each season, and the ninth grade and this year were things he couldn't compete with so, hopefully his senior season will work out. At least he was able to defend his varsity position all year by wrestling up a weight class. I believe his position on the wrestling team is probably far more important to me than to him, at least that's what he implies. His attitude is just give me some competition, I don't give a rip about any letter. He needed 40 varsity points to letter this year, without a win at Pasco, I don't think he made it so we'll have to see if the Coach can pull him a bear award.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:46 pm

I can see why you are so happy in the picture, then, Tom. It sounds like you continue to have a great deal about which to be proud, with all that positive attitude and focus. Best wishes for safety and much happiness and accomplishment, indeed!
Murph

John Webster

Postby John Webster » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 pm

You begin flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:23 am

Luv it, John Webster, a man with a sense of humor!

John Webster

Postby John Webster » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:32 am

Thanks Murph. I read the educational page of the paper every day.
You begin flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:40 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Nice, Roy, calling where somebody lives a "shithole,"... Referring to someone's home as a shithole. Wow. What a mouth. That has got to be an all-time low, for anybody. Have you ever heard of Dale Carnegie?

Does Mr. Carnegie live in a shithole, too? I suppose I need to point out that I'm using the term "shithole" because Don Dump used it. A lot of people are aware of that; I guess you're not one of them.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”