Charlie Rose

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Charlie Rose

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:19 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:This news about Charlie Rose really surprised me, that he would have been involved in such loss of control personally. I guess the old saying is still true about not being able to judge a book by its cover.

Makes me wonder who's next.

Wait for it..........
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Hey Rufus....Do those twinkies taste good with dark ale. :?: :mrgreen:

Roy

Postby Roy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:01 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Makes me wonder who's next.
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Wait for it..........

I think the very next one is John Lasseter, head of Disney/Pixar.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Roy wrote:

I think the very next one is John Lasseter, head of Disney/Pixar.

Why, is he one of your vinyl=clad, spanking buddies? :mrgreen: :P

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:34 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Hey Rufus....Do those twinkies taste good with dark ale. :?: :mrgreen:

No idea - you'd have to ask Harold Ramis whose birthday was yesterday
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Roy

Postby Roy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Roy wrote:I think the very next one is John Lasseter, head of Disney/Pixar.
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Why, is he one of your vinyl=clad, spanking buddies? :mrgreen: :P

That's Rufus's schtick. As for Lasseter, read all about it: http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/john-lasseter-pixar-walt-disney-animation-studios-leave-of-absence-1202620923/

Roy

Postby Roy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:53 am

Those of us who like serious, well-done talk shows took another hit recently, with the suspension of Tavis Smiley's show on PBS. He's been accused of some sort of sexual impropriety.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:08 am

I still have trouble believing such talk about Charlie Rose. Somehow, it just doesn't seem to fit (whatever that means.)

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:03 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I still have trouble believing such talk about Charlie Rose. Somehow, it just doesn't seem to fit (whatever that means.)

You can take it to the bank it's accurate or he wouldn't have went down so easily. What you see on the idiot box is a persona cultivated for the airwaves that is not necessarily what exists in reality. These guys get a bunch of money and power and think their crap doesn't stink and they can do anything they please. Get on you tube and watch some clips of Matt Lauer. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Another thing to think about is that NOT ALL of the women out there are victims. Some will do anything to get ahead. Then the guys in power start to think they can do what they want with EVERY woman. It's a two way street and all is not always what it seems.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 pm

E7 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I still have trouble believing such talk about Charlie Rose. Somehow, it just doesn't seem to fit (whatever that means.)

You can take it to the bank it's accurate or he wouldn't have went down so easily.

At least he and others generally now have the good sense to surrender immediately and unconditionally.

the flip side of this however is that becomes expected regardless of there being any substance or truth to the accusation - guilty until proven innocent swing of the pendulum. This concern is going to have some far reaching consequences.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Designing Women.......................................

BH

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:20 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:

You can take it to the bank it's accurate or he wouldn't have went down so easily.

At least he and others generally now have the good sense to surrender immediately and unconditionally.

the flip side of this however is that becomes expected regardless of there being any substance or truth to the accusation - guilty until proven innocent swing of the pendulum. This concern is going to have some far reaching consequences.

I am not naive enough to believe that ALL female accusers are pure as the driven snow. I know it works BOTH ways. That said, if I were accused and innocent, I wouldn't slink away with my tail between my legs. Rose and Lauer have enough bucks that they could fight it. It is indeed a slippery slope. Listen to the old Joe South song "The Games People Play"!

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:49 am

It sounds like Tavis Smiley is going to fight his accusers.

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 am

Well, with all this notoriety about sexual harassment, attorneys will be redefining what harassment is. He who has the best attorney (as always) will win, regardless of the truth. Win, lose or draw, once you've been accused of SH, you will carry that scarlet letter the rest of your life.

What ever happened to Bill Cosby?

BH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:44 am

Roy wrote:It sounds like Tavis Smiley is going to fight his accusers.

I hope he does. Gold-diggers have always been aplenty, ever watching for the opportunity to use myriad attractive qualities to gain wealth and advantage. IMunHO.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”