Poughkeepsie Highland Bridge

Play nice and have fun...
up148

Poughkeepsie Highland Bridge

Postby up148 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:52 pm

Just found this on a link and never knew it existed. I'm sure you east coast guys know all about it. But, what a great way to use an old bridge.

http://walkway.org

BH

Roy

Re: Poughkeepsie Highland Bridge

Postby Roy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:32 pm

Whittier recycled it's U.P. Salt Lake Route bridge similarly.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:52 pm

The NYC Walkway is a very pleasant walk, with a near-constant breeze off the Hudson River and Atlantic, complimented by a regular smattering of unique individuals strolling by. Interestingly enough, the whole concept had taken root because seeds blowing onto the structure and germinating in among the tracks made for such an interesting novelty, well worth searching it out among the many interests in that area as well as on the way there .
Murph, a resident of the general area back when it still sported box cars parked.

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:30 am

Discovered after this post that St. Louis has done the same with some of their elevated rail down by the Mississippi and one bridge. I absolutely loved the High Rail Line along the riverfront when I was living in the St. Louis area in my pre-teen years. Street running on the riverfront road, high line trains following the same route and constant train traffic crossing the Eads bridge. Train lovers paradise. :D

BH

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”