All the better to hear you with, my dear ...

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: All the better to hear you with, my dear ...

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:30 am

Tom Dempsey wrote:Exactly, it's just to make you feel good about yourself as the bear prepares you for it's repast.

Oh, they've been watching, all right. Or at least, something has been watching. :shock: I could feel that distinctly the last time I was here. The question is whether I shall ever (like this Spring) return here for a hike again... :?
Attachments
IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 2347 times
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 2347 times

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:36 am

Humans in the woods, I sure they find the shenanigans mirth inducing.

John Webster

Postby John Webster » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:45 am

We all know that Daniel Boone killed him a bear when he was only three. So you shouldn't worry about bears.

Panthers, Wild hogs, rattlesnakes, coppermouths, black widow and brown recluse spiders but not bears.

New Jersey also has the Mothman and the Jersey Devil to worry about.
You begin flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:51 am

630D3BF9-BD9C-4C5A-BC2F-68FF8A9C1D28.jpeg
630D3BF9-BD9C-4C5A-BC2F-68FF8A9C1D28.jpeg (128.39 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 am

John Webster wrote:Panthers, Wild hogs, rattlesnakes, coppermouths, black widow and brown recluse spiders but not bears.

Fox tracks out in the front lawn and driveway following the rabbits................
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:32 am

John Webster wrote:...Panthers, Wild hogs, rattlesnakes, coppermouths, black widow and brown recluse spiders but not bears.....

WEll, uh, er, (gulp), I hadn't thought of those other critters, though I do know of a friend, Roy Baker, Binghamton, NY, who was bitten by a Recluse spider and has suffered for quite a while from its effects. Never thought about snakes, though, among those trees and underbrush, for some ditzy reason.

The wild hogs/boars I have heard about, both from the farmers in the area of those Upstate NY photos I took, as well as from a map published with the roaming territory of boars, nowadays, which apparently even includes Coyotes and some other dog-like critters that are roaming freely in NJ, demonstrating their taste for toddlers (one of which was boldly pursued along with his mother up her driveway recently) and house pets, such as small yapper dogs and cats.

Life is complicated.
da Murph

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:37 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
John Webster wrote:Panthers, Wild hogs, rattlesnakes, coppermouths, black widow and brown recluse spiders but not bears.

Fox tracks out in the front lawn and driveway following the rabbits................

Foxes I have long seen in our area, often encountering them roaming at-large in restaurant parking lots, scampering casually away from the movement of cars, but not leaving totally from the premises. They look up at ya into car windows with an expression that seems to say, "Yeah, well, so? What you got for me, bub?" followed by a wry smile, it has seemed. :)

Coyote and Black Bear have even been reported to have stopped traffic in-and-out of the Wlillowbrook Mall, along Routes 23 and 46, in NJ. I assume they are shopping, too, all right.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”