I thought I would be a Liberal....but..

Play nice and have fun...
up148

I thought I would be a Liberal....but..

Postby up148 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:17 am

Liberal Thought.png

v8vega

Re: I thought I would be a Liberal....but..

Postby v8vega » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:00 am

You can't get more liberal than southern California. Total one party rule in city, county and state. Sales tax went up yesterday and gas tax and car tax going up a lot next month. And it's all so public employee unions people can live like kings.If I wasn't so old I'd get the hell out along with the rest of the middle class. People kind of jokingly call it the nice weather tax we have to pay to live here.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:06 am

Hell, Northern CA is a twin.
It would help if California had a functioning Republican Party.
Our only hope is that enough oppressed Californians wake up and vote the bastards out. Will be tough, especially in So. Cal. becuase of the vast numbers of illegals who vote here. It is an unreported/suppressed scandal.
But, the weather is usually great.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

up148

Postby up148 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:44 am

It's refreshing to hear the truth about CA from residents. Your comments reflect what I was sure was the case, but until you hear it from those who live there, it's just rumor. I never paid much attention to CA politics, so was it better under Schwarzenegger's watch?

BH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:28 am

up148 wrote:It's refreshing to hear the truth about CA from residents. Your comments reflect what I was sure was the case, but until you hear it from those who live there, it's just rumor. I never paid much attention to CA politics,..
BH

I agree with you, BH. This read from Rex and V8vega is very interesting and , for me, edifying. I am an eager audience for what they are sharing.
Murph

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:32 pm

I reject both ends of the spectrum and continue to think for myself, be myself, and wear a label around my neck that someone else created like some sort of award.

Most of our problems are entrenched in labels and names. Maybe people in the country will grow up before it implodes.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I reject both ends of the spectrum and continue to think for myself, be myself, and wear a label around my neck that someone else created like some sort of award.

Most of our problems are entrenched in labels and names. Maybe people in the country will grow up before it implodes.

Lemme hear ya say something positive. C'mon, c'mon, you can do it. Push. Push real hard. It'll come out. But take your time . I don't want you to pull something.

Say something positive . Come on.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:16 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote: C'mon, c'mon, you can do it. Push. Push real hard. It'll come out. But take your time . I don't want you to pull something.

I tried and...........................................I guess I need more fiber.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:35 pm

I reject both ends of the spectrum and continue to think for myself, be myself, and wear a label around my neck that someone else created like some sort of award.

Can I see that label or did you mean not wear a label? :D :D :D

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:46 pm

up148 wrote:

Can I see that label or did you mean not wear a label? :D :D :D

BH

I reject the wearing of a label -- awkward syntax that obscured meaning. I wear my own label, albeit you will not see it waved about.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:59 pm

up148 wrote:It's refreshing to hear the truth about CA from residents. Your comments reflect what I was sure was the case, but until you hear it from those who live there, it's just rumor. I never paid much attention to CA politics, so was it better under Schwarzenegger's watch?

BH
Remember, he replaced Gray Davis, a clearly crooked pol and an ******* to boot. Ahnold started out OK, but then I guess Maria Schriever put him in cold storage, so he gave up. Tried to rein in the public unions, got scorched, quit. Guess the Terminator part was just an act. Still have my Governator t-shirt, signifying another dashed hope. :( :( :( :(
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:10 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
up148 wrote:It's refreshing to hear the truth about CA from residents. Your comments reflect what I was sure was the case, but until you hear it from those who live there, it's just rumor. I never paid much attention to CA politics,..
BH

I agree with you, BH. This read from Rex and V8vega is very interesting and , for me, edifying. I am an eager audience for what they are sharing.
Murph
At a safe distance, no doubt.
It isn't all bad: Our immediate family is close (I even like like the in-laws). We have four children, eight grandchildren (although one, finishing up at NYU, sounds like he might stay in NYC; we pray for him daily), and a 3-yr-old great grandson who loves trains. :mrgreen: Sadly, the rest of our extended family, all of whom live in the Philly area, are lost to the Leftie disease. But I still follow the Eagles.
At my advanced age it is important that the local medical center is a 5-minute drive away and a LOT of doctors know us-hell, we alone (with copious financial help from Medicare and a $7700/yr supplemental) keep them in Porsches. :D
Finally, my train club has a majority right-wing membership, so get-togethers provide dual fun. :D

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote: C'mon, c'mon, you can do it. Push. Push real hard. It'll come out. But take your time . I don't want you to pull something.

I tried and...........................................I guess I need more fiber.

Well, now, that can be a positive right there! :mrgreen:

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Many have tried for a while to make a difference but after a period of time that can vary a lot depending on the individuals involved,
the wall upon which the head is being beaten wins and the person attached to the head just wears out and gives up.
No names, no parties but I do think many have started out and tried to "do the right thing".
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Will California ever pay off its massive debt?
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/27/wi ... sive-debt/

Not surprisingly, the Golden State did not fare well in the analysis, ranking 43rd in terms of debt per taxpayer, and comprising one of nine states to earn an “F” grade. “Repeated decisions by state officials have left the state with a staggering debt burden of $255.1 billion,” the report concluded. “That burden equates to $21,600 for every California taxpayer.”

We are already seeing the effects of such debt. Local governments whose pension plans are administered by the state are struggling to keep up with significantly increasing contribution requirements, oftentimes resorting to tax hikes and cuts to public safety and other services. Some, like Vallejo, Stockton and San Bernardino, have been forced into bankruptcy, and many others are on the brink.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”