Take a Knee

Play nice and have fun...
up148

Take a Knee

Postby up148 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:27 am

Just had this emailed to me and had to post it here since it's been a topic on another thread. Probable won't make any difference, but I sure like what it says.

BH

TAKE A KNEE
Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American
man [including Blacks who served] stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat.. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That’s what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this..

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

rex desilets

Re: Take a Knee

Postby rex desilets » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:38 pm

terrific!!
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm

If you are a high school coach and take a knee before the game to PRAY you will be fired. No first amendment rights for you.

Even the students were told they could not pray. But the same schools are letting students take a knee to protest the national anthem.

Liberal HYPOCRISY.

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Must say I agree 500%. Again, that gate that only swings one way. Getting very tired of that.

BH

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:05 pm

There is nothing like biting yourself in the balls. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NFL national anthem protest denting ticket sales

NFL ticket sales at TickPick slumped 17.9 percent this week compared with the prior week, their steepest decline since 2014, while sales at TicketCity plunged 31 percent. For pro football games in September, ticket sales at TicketCity are down 16 percent from a year ago. TickPick's NFL sales rose this month, but by the smallest margin since 2015. The vendors' data reflect tickets sold in the secondary market, as opposed to direct sales from NFL teams.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Those sales numbers do not hurt the NFL. That is for sales on the secondary market. These secondary agents pay a fee to be allowed to sell tickets. That is paid already. Will it hurt them next season? Only time will tell. TV. money is all the owners care about. Ticket sales are the smallest piece of the pie. One ironic part about The steelers protest. They all stood in the tunnel waiting for our anthem to be over. My high school would not let us play if we knelt. We stood inline shortest to tallest during the anthem. Helmet in you left hand and right hand on your hart. Toes right on the sideline. The shortest guy started at the 40 yard line nearest the flag and we fell in place leading away from the flag. I can't speak for the old coach. But i know he would have let us protest. From the bleachers :lol: :lol:
It might be time for a refresher course on what to do during the anthem. I see police officers on the side line not removing their hats. I see people wearing tee shirts of the flag. I see it on pizza boxes and all kinds of sales gimmicks.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Received another email today being sent around asking for a national protest of all Pro football games on Sunday, 11-12-17. The way this country feels about sports, I can't believe it will take place, but maybe enough will protest to send a message to the owners since $$$ are all they care about.

BH

PS: Just saw the results of a national poll, about this issue on Washington Week and it runs strongly along party lines. 88% of GOP feel it's disrespectful to knell, while 70%+ of democrats feel it is not disrespectful. We'll never settle anything in this country with those kinds of numbers.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:01 pm

If it were up to me I would stop playing the National Anthem at the pro games. Or how about we change from the Star Spangled Banner to The Battle Hymn of the Republic except the first line of that song would give liberals and democrats a heart attack.

The song was sung by union soldiers near the end of the civil war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... FtNVEbasOo

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:54 pm

I have been boycotting Pro sports since 1978 (meaning actual attendance to an event). If they ever come up with ala carte TV I will boycott it by not selecting any sports channels. Won't really miss any of it. I may end that boycott to take in a game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, but that would be more to see the ball park than the game! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:49 pm

So a boycott on 11/12/17. Wow. That will really be meaningful.
Why not start on 10/01/17 and continue until the Super Dooper Stupid Bowl Is over?
It's really a rhetorical question. I know most couldn't make it one week.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:04 pm

Is the National Anthem played at the start of all professional sports games - football; basketball; baseball? Tennis? Why is that? What is the connection between the sports and the singing of a patriotic song? When did it start?

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:48 pm

I'd like to see each of the players give a knee to the groin of the team owner.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

John Webster

Postby John Webster » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:35 am

Back in the late 70s there was a law that said that the national anthem was to be played before any professional (money paying) sports event. Amateur car racing, no anthem, car racing for prize money, anthem.
You begin flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:33 am

John Webster wrote:Back in the late 70s there was a law that said that the national anthem was to be played before any professional (money paying) sports event. Amateur car racing, no anthem, car racing for prize money, anthem.

I wonder why. What's the theme - "Yippee capitalism as epitomized by the USA" ? I'm serious. I get, and thank you for, your point, which still leaves me a-wondering. :?

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:22 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Is the National Anthem played at the start of all professional sports games - football; basketball; baseball? Tennis? Why is that? What is the connection between the sports and the singing of a patriotic song? When did it start?

It stated @ 1942 as a way to encourage patriotism. Obviously that does not work today.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”