TEACHERS

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

TEACHERS

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Teaching, Was it always this ruff ??

Teen beats up his teacher in front of the class
http://nypost.com/2017/08/23/teen-beats ... the-class/

A Milwaukee high school student has been caught on video beating up his teacher in the middle of class, police said.

The shocking cellphone footage captures the moment the 16-year-old lunges at his teacher, punching him and knocking him to the ground, and then continues the beating.

up148

Re: TEACHERS

Postby up148 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Well, if they can film it, someone had time to jump in and stop it. Pick up a desk and cold-cocked the punching student if you're not big enough to out muscle him. Pure BS. Hopefully the student is expelled for life. Looks like "Blackboard Jungle" or some of the 50's and 60's punk v/s teachers movies.

BH

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Teacher guilty of disrespect and bad feelz. Needs more sensitivity training. Might even, somehow, be racist....
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:58 pm

up148 wrote:Well, if they can film it, someone had time to jump in and stop it. Pick up a desk and cold-cocked the punching student if you're not big enough to out muscle him. <snip?

BH
Class in on it? Worried about retaliation by homies?
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:00 pm

In that video. you can see one student has a 16 oz. high caffeine energy drink. What school lets kids drink at their desk? I had one of those monster energy drinks Damn thing made me think my hart was going to jump out and runaway. That video could be a retirement ticket
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:42 am

Nothing really new here other than it was recorded.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:34 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Nothing really new here other than it was recorded.

And therefore the reason I asked if it was always like this. Maybe where you went to school it was, but not where I went to school in California. Maybe a difference with the students that had a respect for their parents and the teachers.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:58 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Nothing really new here other than it was recorded.

And therefore the reason I asked if it was always like this. Maybe where you went to school it was, but not where I went to school in California. Maybe a difference with the students that had a respect for their parents and the teachers.

Not where I went, but a few counties away, yes.

We are all remarking about stuff that has probably always been there and ongoing - it's just now everybody has a phone to record and share it with the world.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 am

Teachers here have but one goal from kindergarten on up, lifetime reliable Democrat party voters.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:13 am

Different times and different people. No one ever attacked a teacher during my school days and would have been arrested, expelled and prevented from returning forever. Did hear stories of inner city schools having some of these issues back in the 60's.

BH
Last edited by up148 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:13 am

Teachers can have meltdowns. I know of a few that clocked students or lost their temper

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 am

robert. wrote:Teachers can have meltdowns. I know of a few that clocked students or lost their temper

I saw more than a few teachers throw punches, grab & throw students into walls and desks, etc.....there was a time when teachers were seemingly immune to prosecution and that all students were automatically presumed guilty and deserving of whatever punishments were handed out. Quite a few teachers where I went to school would be doing serious time today.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:Teachers can have meltdowns. I know of a few that clocked students or lost their temper

I saw more than a few teachers throw punches, grab & throw students into walls and desks, etc.....
Never had that happen. But my 7th grade civics teacher had some sort off super passive-sonar ears and could detect mischief while standing at the black board. He could whirl around and fire a piece of chalk at the offender unerringly. (One of our joys was making farting sounds with our hands. In time we could vary the sound from a deep rumble to an embarrassed squeak...)
<snip>

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:28 pm

rex desilets wrote:Teacher guilty of disrespect and bad feelz. Needs more sensitivity training. Might even, somehow, be racist....

Rex is probably right.

I taught 43 years full time and 6 part time and never saw anything like that happen. Students would fight, a teacher would try to stop it and might get hit. The eight school systems in which I taught had high schools @ 200 to @500. Some were rural and some suburban. I retired in 1999.
I went to a small city school system with a high school of @1000. Without details this was not the best town in the area. We were a pretty rough and tough student body but NONE of us would have ever considered attacking a teacher.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:34 pm

These kids have no one to answer to at home. If you fear a punch from your father you may think twice about hitting your teacher.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”