Dark Suckers

Play nice and have fun...
MYmoo

Dark Suckers

Postby MYmoo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Dark Suckers

For years, it has been believed that electric bulbs emit light, but recent information has proved otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers.

The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove that dark has mass and is heavier than light.

First, the basis of the Dark Sucker Theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. For example, take the Dark Sucker in the room you are in. There is much less dark right next to it than there is elsewhere. The larger the Dark Sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark Suckers in the parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck dark than the ones in this room.

So with all things, Dark Suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the dark spot on a full Dark Sucker.

A candle is a primitive Dark Sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You can see that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark that has been sucked into it. If you put a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, it will turn black. This is because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. One of the disadvantages of these primitive Dark Suckers is their limited range.

There are also portable Dark Suckers. In these, the bulbs can't handle all the dark by themselves and must be aided by a Dark Storage Unit. When the Dark Storage Unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable Dark Sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a Dark Sucker, friction from the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating Dark Sucker. Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it's not wise to touch an operating candle.

Also, dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats at the top. The is why it is called light.

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand in a lit room in front of a closed, dark closet, and slowly opened the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet. But since dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

Next time you see an electric bulb, remember that it is a Dark Sucker.

--- https://www.hiren.info/funstuff/funny-j ... rk-suckers
-----
Unplug When Done.
-----
Peace,

MYron R. MOOre

E7

Re: Dark Suckers

Postby E7 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 am

I sort of agree with that, but what those light bulbs suck is money from your wallet and they disperse it to your friendly electric company. Do your wallet a favor and get some LED bulbs and slow down the process.

webenda

Postby webenda » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:41 am

E7 wrote:I sort of agree with that, but what those light bulbs suck is money from your wallet and they disperse it to your friendly electric company. Do your wallet a favor and get some LED bulbs and slow down the process.

That a light bulb sucks money makes sense, but I do not agree with the "Dark Sucker" primes at all.

I'll prove light bulbs are not dark suckers with the following simple and real life situation.

You are in a sealed room that is illuminated by a single light bulb. There are no windows or other light sources in the room. When you came in the room and closed the door behind you, there was no darkness in the room because according to the dark sucker theory, all of the dark had been sucked from the room and is currently being stored in the bulb. Suddenly the light is extinguished, and you are shrouded in darkness.

If the Dark sucker theory is taken to be true, how did you suddenly fall into darkness when the light bulb was turned off? You didn’t break the bulb, and there was no darkness in the room. If a light bulb was a dark sucker, then dark would not return to the room when it is extinguished, just as a floor does not instantly become dirty again after you turn off a vacuum cleaner. If the dark was sucked from the room, supposedly permanently, then wouldn’t the light remain there in its place indefinitely? If the dark sucker theory is true, then where did the dark come from if it was all sucked up? How did the room get dark again?

The real theory of light is able to answer all of these questions concerning the accountability of light and dark easily because rather than remove dark, light bulbs produce light that fills the ever present void known as dark. Light isn’t stored in the bulbs, instead, it is emitted as a result of the burning of the filament at varying levels of strength. These levels determine the radius of light produced from the bulb. Light bulbs are only changed when they “burn out” because the filament in the bulb wears down due to use, not because they are filled with dark. Dark replaces light after a light source has been extinguished because the energy of light dissipates as it is produced, and only remains in a place if there is a constant stream of energy to produce it. According to the accepted theory of light, dark is simply the absence of light. This explains why when the light is turned off in the sealed room, darkness returns. The theory of the dark sucker, on the other hand, claims that light is actually the absence of dark, a claim that is illegitimate by the sealed room scenario. The light doesn’t permanently remain in an area; it is only present when the light source is producing it. Dark, however, is a permanent entity that is only replaced by light when the light source produces enough energy to do so.

Because dark is a permanent entity, it has no speed. It simply remains where it is until light replaces it. As a light source loses power to produce the light energy, darkness simply returns to its original place. This is similar to when one paints a wall. The original wall color does not go anywhere. Rather it is only covered and replaced by a new color. As the paint ages over time, the paint may fade or get chipped. The color loses energy and after a while, one may be able to see the original color of the wall. Dark is the original color of the room, and light is that new color painted over it. When a light bulb loses power, it fades and reveals the original dark that was there all along. Light does have speed, and this speed is a constant one for all light sources.

Additionally, the idea that dark has a mass is completely impossible. If dark had mass, wouldn’t it weigh you down to the floor and crush you? Turn off the light right now and observe what happens. As can be expected, nothing happens. You are not crushed by the mass of dark that suddenly envelopes you, instead, you are simply left sitting in a dark room.

To believe the dark sucker theory is simply tragic. The theory goes against the rules of observation and common sense. The bulb was not invented to suck dark; rather it was invented to produce light in order to replace the ever present darkness that shrouded the earth at sunset.

The next time you see a light bulb, remember it isn’t a dark sucker, but rather a light producer.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:03 am

Clisk the link in Mymoo's post and note that it is supposed to be a joke. I didn't express it very well, but what I agree with is that they (ligt bulbs) are suckers, but of the monetary variety (when compared to the new LED bulbs).

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:40 am

There certainly are suckers........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:29 am

............a floor does not instantly become dirty again after you turn off a vacuum cleaner
You should come to our house with our large, hairy dog :(
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Does a sun suck darkness or throw illumination out into it, :D dispersing it, for a certain distance, and for only as long as the energy lasts?
P.S. MYmoo, You certainly come up with some interesting musings. Perhaps, we should call them, Mymoosings or Moosings. Eh? Huh? :D Murph
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:31 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Does a sun suck darkness or throw illumination out into it, :D dispersing it, for a certain distance, and for only as long as the energy lasts?

Next time there's a fusion explosion, watch it and tell us which it is.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Does a sun suck darkness or throw illumination out into it, :D dispersing it, for a certain distance, and for only as long as the energy lasts?

Shall I watch, then, for one at work during the upcoming eclipse? The corona (aura of plasma that surrounds the sun and other stars [Wikipedia and childhood readings] ) will be my guide and hint. :idea:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:47 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Shall I watch, then, for one at work during the upcoming eclipse? The corona (aura of plasma that surrounds the sun and other stars [Wikipedia and childhood readings] ) will be my guide and hint. :idea:

Exercise all due care to avoid injury to your eyes - you only get 2........ Ok, most people get 2.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:...
Exercise all due care to avoid injury to your eyes - ....

I followed the eclipse of 1979 by watching its reflection in the window of a sidewalk café in NYC. This year, I may just watch its effect in the shade under our trees, which I have heard can be quite an interesting effect. I don't know. But I will not look directly up at the sun, of course. Thank you for the warning, though.

I wonder how many people in the previous 2000 years developed eye problems because they looked directly at a solar eclipses, not knowing what we know now about serious damage to eyes from them.

webenda

Postby webenda » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:13 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I wonder how many people in the previous 2000 years developed eye problems because they looked directly at a solar eclipses, not knowing what we know now about serious damage to eyes from them.

All of them that looked.

From https://www.livescience.com/20433-solar ... blind.html
Damaged eyes

Early observers of astronomy sometimes found out about solar retinopathy the hard way. Thomas Harriot, who observed sunspots in 1610 but did not publish his discovery, wrote in 1612 that after viewing the sun his "sight was dim for an hour." Oxford astronomer John Greaves was once quoted as saying that after sun observations, he saw afterimages that looked like a flock of crows in his vision. In the most famous case of all, Isaac Newton tried looking at the sun in a mirror, essentially blinding himself for three days and experiencing afterimages for months.

Scientists don't have a good bead on the prevalence of eye damage after a solar eclipse. In one study, conducted in 1999 after a solar eclipse visible in Europe, 45 patients with possible solar retinopathy showed up at an eye clinic in Leicester in the United Kingdom after viewing the eclipse. Forty were confirmed to have some sort of damage or symptoms of damage; five of those had visible changes in their retina.

Twenty of the patients reported eye pain, while another 20 reported problems with vision. Of the latter group, 12 reported that their sight had returned to normal seven months later, but four could still see the ghosts of the damage in their visual field, such as a crescent-shaped spot visible in dim light. [If the Sun Is 93 Million Miles Away, Why Can't We Look Directly at It?]

"Our series demonstrates that, contrary to popular belief, the majority of people with eclipse retinopathy are not totally blinded," the researchers wrote in 2001 in the journal The Lancet. However, they warned, earlier post-eclipse studies had turned up more severe problems in patients, suggesting that widespread media warnings not to look at the eclipsing sun may have prevented more damage during recent eclipses.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:50 pm

"[If the Sun Is 93 Million Miles Away, Why Can't We Look Directly at It?]" Because it is that powerful. This is why cell phones were invented. They stop people from looking up into the sun. Remember any movies with an eclipse in it? I saw one where 2 guys travel back in time. They are about to be killed. When one of the guys says" you kill us and i'll turn off the sun." It starts to get a little bit darker.Then almost night time during the day.Then their captors let them go. I can't remember if it was Indians that had them or if it was in a castle court yard and the kings hangman had them.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:55 pm

robert. wrote:"[If the Sun Is 93 Million Miles Away, Why Can't We Look Directly at It?]" Because it is that powerful. This is why cell phones were invented. They stop people from looking up into the sun. Remember any movies with an eclipse in it? I saw one where 2 guys travel back in time. They are about to be killed. When one of the guys says" you kill us and i'll turn off the sun." It starts to get a little bit darker.Then almost night time during the day.Then their captors let them go. I can't remember if it was Indians that had them or if it was in a castle court yard and the kings hangman had them.
"A Yankee in King Arthur's Court," for one
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Roy

Postby Roy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:21 pm

So, a planet will temporarily block some sunlight. I can't tell you how much this bores me. :|
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”