How Stupid Are They?

Play nice and have fun...
up148

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby up148 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Let's agree to not allow this to get heated or we all lose. I felt the same as you do Hondo, but now I believe you're giving him too much credit. He's not a deep thinker and proven himself to be very one dimensional. I keep looking for more, but I'm afraid this is all there is. He must have cheerleaded a bunch of very shrewd and talented employees in his organization to get where he'd gotten, because I don't see it in him.

I'll go out on a limb here and state that I voted for him and for the 1st time in my life, donated to a presidential campaign and even have the bumper stickers and buttons to prove it. :roll: :roll: :roll: I spent good hobby money to help his cause, because I knew the other choice was an even bigger disaster, which I still believe it would be. What really bugs me, is the fact as soon as I donated, they continued to hound me for more money, even after he was in office for months. What's up with that. :o :o :o I helped you get in office, so why do you need my money now? :shock: :shock:

I expected an undisciplined rogue, but thought he might be shrewd enough to deal with the opposition and get some things done. Instead, I got a man who is not really a deal maker, has alienated just about everyone who can help him to accomplish his agenda, believes he knows what's best for the country, yet can't keep his foot out of his mouth long enough to accomplish anything substantial, except appointing a new SC judge.

I guess I feel I can say this, because I paid the admission ticket and championed him during the campaign. But, since then, he has been an utter disappointment.

BH

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Interesting anecdote about Trump. I bought a really nice UP loco early last year from an attorney in Washington state, who went to college with Trump in PA. Apparently Candice Bergin attended the same school at the same time. Trump asked her out and showed up in front of her sorority house in a rented limo with driver, wearing a purple cowboy hat, boots and other outrageous garb. She would not come out of the dorm and her sisters told Trump she was sick. He was a complete *** about the ordeal and apparently wasn't very well liked at this university. This attorney hated him, which I chalked up to his living in Washington and being a Democrat. But......................................

BH

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:20 pm

While Trump may comprehend the "Art of the Deal" he needs to read a book called "How to win Friends and Influence People" That he does not seem to comprehend.

Makes me wonder who behind the scenes are his advisors. Maybe Bannon had too much influence on him.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:09 pm

I remember Jimmie Carter as a rather nice man. He went DC a year before I moved to Georgia. A lot of Georgians were glad that he was no longer in the state. I am not the best informed about politics but IMHO his biggest mistake was to take a large group of Georgians with him to DC and they did not know the ways of DC politics and his administration was lost in the DC jungle/swamp.
I personally did not care for Carter but thought he, or a cohort, shot himself in the foot too many times.
Trump should take notice.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Trump is working on an executive order to change our alphabet. He wants N and O moved as far away from one and other as possible. :lol: :lol:
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:40 pm

robert. wrote:If twitter charged. Then it would be the American people paying for trumps account. I'd lay 12-1 odds that the lady gets hit by the IRS if she gets 1 billion!

C'mon robert, That's no Clinton in the White House, and as of this morning, that broad has only raised 6 grand.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 pm

While it may appear that nothing is getting done in the country, the fact that you don't know about it is because the media will not give any credit whatsoever to the administration, so you're not hearing about it. Illegal immigration is down 70% in the past 8 months, 1 million jobs have been created and many more could be if Trump could get the Senate off their a$$es and get the tax overhaul in place. By executive order, he's cut out a lot of the regulations that handcuffed business, which allows them to expand and create jobs. The stock market has been zoomin', and I'd bet your IRAs and 401Ks appreciate that. He's appointed a Constitutionalist to the Supreme Court, and will most likely make another appointment before his term is up. Under his Justice Department, he's roundin' up the MS13 criminals and kickin' their a$$es out of the country. Sent FBI agents to Chicago to try to get a handle on the gang murders. A little bit of bravado and tough talk, and North Korea backed down; of course, having the Seventh Fleet cruisin' the area helped. He's de-nutted the EPA somewhat, so they can't sue a farmer out of everything he owns just because he wants to fill in a ditch that the EPA is calling a "wetland". He was exactly right to pull out of the Paris Accord on Climate Change. Every day more evidence is mounting that NASA was deliberately giving false or made up information for political purposes on global warming. And while his statements last week on the Charlottesville violence covered both sides, he was nit picked hard 'cause he didn't denounce 1 particular group, but covered them all in one statement, so now he's a Nazi lover. :roll: And healthcare, where is that his fault. 7 friggin' years and Congress had no plan ready to go. Hell no! They have to make sure that they get the best possible deal for the insurance and drug companies, the people who own them. You know; throw us a bone, like about 250 billion. Fortunately there's a few Republican senators who haven't caved to the special interests. You need to understand that Trump is a doer, a Type A personality, and a very successful businessman. That's why he's pissed with the inaction of Congress; he's used to gettin' somethin' done in short order. On the other hand, Mitch McConnell in the Senate is a sloth. You'd have to drive a stake to see if he moved. For me, it's time for a new Majority leader.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:45 pm

USC's horse mascot Traveler a racist symbol

Can a college's animal mascot be a symbol of racism?

According to some students at USC, the answer is 'yes'.

The USC horse mascot, named Traveler, is under fire for having almost the same name as the horse that Confederate General Robert E. Lee rode.

Lee's horse was named Traveller.

At a recent rally of the USC Black Student Assembly, Saphia Jackson, co-director of the group reminded that “white supremacy hits close to home” and referenced the name of the Trojans mascot and asked students not to be quiet, the Daily Trojan, USC's student newspaper, reported.

Traveler has been USC's mascot since 1961.

A USC spokesman talked to the LA Times about the origin of Traveler:

"USC’s mascot horse is a symbol of ancient Troy. Its rider, with costume and sword, is a symbol of a Trojan warrior. The name Traveler, spelled with one ‘l,’ is a common name among horses. . . . USC’s Traveler is and has always been a proud symbol of Troy. There is no truth to any other claims or rumors about its name.”

A statue of Traveler was unveiled in 2010.

Jackson and fellow BSA co-Director Ariana Seymore declined to comment on if they would seek to remove Traveler’s statue from campus, the Daily Trojan reported.

The Black Student Assembly did not respond to the LA Times' requests for comment, but questions about the name’s provenance have increased on social media in the midst of the national discussion on race, reporter Nathan Fenno wrote.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:20 pm

I wonder which statues/monuments might be safe from all sides?
roger

I support thread drift.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:03 pm

rogruth wrote:I wonder which statues/monuments might be safe from all sides?

The only statues/monuments that will be allowed to stay are the ones that the liberal left and democrats say can stay. All others they consider to be white supremacist/neonazi/and racist have to go.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio may order the removal of the statue of Christopher Columbus in Manhattan's Columbus Circle. This statue has been there since 1898 and was paid for and put up by Italian Americans. He says it is a symbol of hate.

A Chicago pastor has asked the Emanuel administration to remove the names of two presidents who owned slaves from parks on the South Side, saying the city should not honor slave owners in black communities.

A bronze statue of George Washington on horseback stands at the corner of 51st and King Drive, at the northwest entrance to Washington Park.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/08/16/ ... ve-owners/

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:27 pm

On the hit list.
Washington Monument
Stone Mountain
Mount Rushmore
Jefferson Memorial

Many, many more.

Many places will need to change their names.

CW II .
roger

I support thread drift.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 pm

rogruth wrote:On the hit list.
Washington Monument
Stone Mountain
Mount Rushmore
Jefferson Memorial

Many, many more.

Many places will need to change their names.

CW II .

We are obviously in the process of rewriting the history of this country. In the future the civil was battlefield will be used for section 8 housing. In the future there will be nothing left to remind us that slavery actually existed in this country. Since slavery existed for many years under what we call the stars and strips American flag it will need to be replaced by a multi colored flag with 49 stars. 49 stars because I am counting on California leaving the union. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:26 pm

I think there is a park in Chicago called Andrew Jackson Park. They've suggested changing the name to Michael Jackson Park. Let us pay tribute to the Pop Star child molesting pedophile! :roll:

John Webster

Postby John Webster » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:26 am

Andrew Jackson, the first president from the modern Democratic Party and his cronies passed the Indian Removal Act which led to the Trail of Tears and the deaths of thousands of Native Americans. He also appointed democrat Roger Taney to the Supreme Court. Taney would later be one of the justices who passed the Dred Scott decision which declared that Blacks could not be citizens.

The Democratic party's rewriting of history is obscuring their majority part in the raising of the Confederate statues, their imposition of the Jim Crow laws and that their platform in the 1864 presidential election called for an immediate end to the Civil War and for the continuation of slavery.
You begin flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:42 am

Anybody remember "The Solid South"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_South

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”