rogruth

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby rogruth » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:31 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Bizarre.

California wildfires: Gender reveal party blamed for fire
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54053811

Officials have blamed a gender reveal party for one of several wildfires raging in the US state of California.

A "smoke-generating pyrotechnic device" at the event sparked the El Dorado fire, which has now spread over 7,000 acres.

I read that linked to your initial post. Still bizarre; only with serious costs to others due to irresponsible decision making.

But it's want we to do and it gets likes and other stupid things on social media.
Having babies is to these people just another game.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:40 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
California wildfires: Gender reveal party blamed for fire
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54053811

Officials have blamed a gender reveal party for one of several wildfires raging in the US state of California.

A "smoke-generating pyrotechnic device" at the event sparked the El Dorado fire, which has now spread over 7,000 acres.

I read that linked to your initial post. Still bizarre; only with serious costs to others due to irresponsible decision making.

But it's want we to do and it gets likes and other stupid things on social media.
Having babies is to these people just another game.

For quite a while it was a check mark and "look at me" thing, and then they find out that they are parents forever and the fun begins.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 pm

Woman claims she invited boyfriend's mom to house, forgot to hide embarrassing item on coffee table

Talk about letting your freak flag fly.

A young woman on Reddit claims she is now the personification of "shame" after accidentally leaving a NSFW item in plain view of her boyfriend’s mother during a visit last week.

The Reddit user, who shared the embarrassing story under a throwaway account, implied that she and her boyfriend are fans of "certain things" in their private life — things that involve her boyfriend being shackled to their coffee table.

With few visitors coming by amid the pandemic, the woman says she rarely puts the shackles away after use, opting instead to just leave them attached to the coffee table, where they've remained for around a month. Their placement had become "so normalized," she says, that she and her boyfriend forgot they were even there.

The other morning, however, her boyfriend’s mother came over to drop off her dogs while she ran some errands — and mom couldn’t help but notice the arresting item attached to the coffee table.

"[My boyfriend's mom] sits down on the sofa and she says, ‘So I don't want to ask but what's up with the handcuffs on the table?’" the woman wrote.

Embarrassed, the Reddit user claimed she blurted out a response: "Don’t worry about it." An awkward silence allegedly filled the room. "Also they aren’t handcuffs," she added, informing her boyfriend’s mom that handcuffs are for your wrists, while shackles are for your ankles.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:05 pm

Somebody's having fun, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:06 am

On Friday i told one of the guys to "strip a mirror". I gave him 3 cans of oven cleaner EASY OFF. Our customer wants a showcase with clear glass doors. She pick an antique armoire with beveled mirrored doors. It's a simple process. Remove the Mercury from the glass. :shock: :shock: Spray some EASY OFF on the back and wipe off. We push all the sludge into wide mouth Mason jars. Cap the jars and place into a large Coleman cooler for storage. I have no good idea on what to do with this sludge other than keeping in from leaking all over. After Saturday's event i may not do it anymore. I told my guys not to use the two chemicals you see. Oh but they work so good. "Don't use them. you can't push that stuff into the mason jars" I'll let you decide from the photo.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:31 am

robert. wrote:After Saturday's event i may not do it anymore.

If it's really mercury, then not doing it anymore is the correct answer. If it is, then you've got a serious toxic waste disposal issue that can probably get you into all sorts of trouble right now.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:01 am

I have a lot of mercury. It was used for clock pendulums. Pendulums are packed in sturdy wood boxes in side a Coleman hard cooler. Many of our old mirrors have small beads of Mercury laying in the frame. It is possible these mirrors have been restored already and silver was used. Most mirrors have dates on the backside. Many of the mirrors i deal with are dated Pre- 1890.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:34 am

robert. wrote:I have a lot of mercury. It was used for clock pendulums. Pendulums are packed in sturdy wood boxes in side a Coleman hard cooler. Many of our old mirrors have small beads of Mercury laying in the frame. It is possible these mirrors have been restored already and silver was used. Most mirrors have dates on the backside. Many of the mirrors i deal with are dated Pre- 1890.

Wait until you try to dispose of it. Your work space will probably end up being condemned and that will only be the beginning of your problems.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:42 am

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:15 pm

Brilliant.........not.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:04 pm

Plus 6000 square feet of asbestos tile should set somebody off. Nobody seems to be worried about the tile. It was fogged over with sealer 20 years ago then dry walled over. All of the Mercury and silver sludge is stored safely. Think of all the people with mercury mirrors in their house. A qick google search shows the antique mirror not to be a hazard.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:07 pm

robert. wrote:Plus 6000 square feet of asbestos tile should set somebody off. Nobody seems to be worried about the tile. It was fogged over with sealer 20 years ago then dry walled over. All of the Mercury and silver sludge is stored safely. Think of all the people with mercury mirrors in their house. A qick google search shows the antique mirror not to be a hazard.

Mirrors themselves are not an issue; your storing jars of mercury sludge and your workers handling it is something completely different

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:21 pm

And to think. As children, every once in a while you would find some mercury (broken thermometers, ??) and if you put it on nickles, dimes and quarters you could polish the coins instantly to a bright shine between your fingers . :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back in the late 80's, you could purchase it from a science project store in the KCMO area that carried all kinds of items for school projects. :shock: :shock: :shock:

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:23 pm

10 years from now you’ll put on a jacket, find a mask in the pocket, and think what a weird year that was. Then you’ll pick up your machete and continue across the wastelands keeping to the shadows to avoid roving gangs of cannibals

I think 10 years might be a little soon, but I certainly see the possibility. We laughed at movies like "Escape from NY", Escape from LA", but how prophetic they might be.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:24 pm

up148 wrote:And to think. As children, every once in a while you would find some mercury (broken thermometers, ??) and if you put it on nickles, dimes and quarters you could polish the coins instantly to a bright shine between your fingers . :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back in the late 80's, you could purchase it from a science project store in the KCMO area that carried all kinds of items for school projects. :shock: :shock: :shock:

.....and you lived to tell about it :lol:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”