How Stupid Are They?

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:58 pm

rogruth wrote:So Murph,
Will you be going to see another showing when IT comes to a theatre near you?
... Hmmm?

GahFahBid! No way Jose'. Not on yer life. Yuk. Oivey.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Was your first viewing worth the admission?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

webenda

Postby webenda » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:A movie trailer shown yesterday where I was attending a current film announced a new movie, expected to be released in 2018: Black Panther. While I was seeing it, I immediately thought of our guy Wayne. Naturally, I wont say another word about it until we hear from him, but it looked exciting! :D

Why wait? I do not watch Marvel Movies (except for the one in which Michael Keaton played Batman.)

The actor here is Isaach de Bankolé. He plays a tribal chief in "The Black Panther."
black panther.jpg
black panther.jpg (108.04 KiB) Viewed 2216 times

He reminds me of my friend Scotty, except he is missing my friend's eagle tattoo on top of a shaved head. Scotty is a minister and teaches Sunday School to kids. Scotty is easier to look at with the plates in because when they are out the loops of flesh (mouth and earlobes) dangle and wave around while he talks. I have learned to look him straight in the eyes to avoid being distracted.

De Bankolé's discs are movie props and the stretched out lip and earlobes are applied in makeup before each shoot of, "The Black Panther."

Best review of the new movie is by Eric Voss => https://youtu.be/U3reTaGbDgo [opinion of course]

I know somebody is going to ask the question... the answer is no, I will not be watching, "The Black Panther."
This is more my style today: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/vide ... 53_1_VIDEO
And this one: https://youtu.be/xdZMXWmlp9g
Last edited by webenda on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 pm

On the PBS Newshour, they reviewed the movie Marshall, which is about Thurgood Marshall. Sounds interesting.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:25 am

rogruth wrote:Was your first viewing worth the admission?

Not at all. I found it tiresome and even a bit embarrassing to have watched It.

If the movie was meant to be irritating and offensive (I am not amused by seeing children tortured and maimed and killed. So, why did I go see It? Rufus made me. Plus, curiosity. :mrgreen: )

The actor doing the Pennywise was superb = totally believable. And not easily forgotten.

The Kids: I have never met kids that were so clumsy and prone to dropping things, all of which combined to detract from my "suspending disbelief," which is something I am always eager to do when seeing movies. Plus, they were clichés, another detraction.

The useless adults added to the sense of frustration and irritation in the story, which suited the mindless violence very well. Just about every adult was aggravating in their impotence or malevolence, all part of the writer's purpose, no doubt, to add to the sense of helplessness.

Hurting or killing children, right on screen, seems a topic for movies long-avoided by Hollywood, it has seemed to me, through the years, so a movie with plenty of such horror would seem to be an attention-getter, at least. This movie slaps you in the face with that horror right away and keeps at it.

By the end, what was the purpose? What was the point? Will the horror ever end? Don't know. Can't know. To be continued, apparently.

P.S. Saw plenty of clowns in the story, but not one laugh inspired from among them.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:01 am

webenda wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:A movie trailer shown yesterday where I was attending a current film announced a new movie, expected to be released in 2018: Black Panther. ...
De Bankolé's discs are movie props and the stretched out lip and earlobes are applied in makeup before each shoot of, "The Black Panther."

Best review of the new movie is by Eric Voss => https://youtu.be/U3reTaGbDgo [opinion of course]

I know somebody is going to ask the question... the answer is no, I will not be watching, "The Black Panther."
This is more my style today: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/vide ... 53_1_VIDEO
And this one: https://youtu.be/xdZMXWmlp9g

...and speaking of style, quite the fashion plate , that leader of the Black Panthers presents... :wink:

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:13 am

`
Attachments
Helmet Testing.jpg
Helmet Testing.jpg (113.53 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote: So, why did I go see It? Rufus made me.

No, I didn't.

And, I prefer the 1s version. This has not needed 2 remakes.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote: So, why did I go see It? Rufus made me.

No, I didn't.

And, I prefer the 1s version. This has not needed 2 remakes.

True. :mrgreen:

webenda

Postby webenda » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:19 am

Austrian bodybuilder Andreas Munzer, who died 19 years ago this month, remains both the gold standard and a cautionary tale for men striving for the ripped, lean look the sport demands.

Although it could not be confirmed, he appears to have died from multiple organ failures. He was 31, and easily recognizable from the images that have gone viral in recent days.

Munzer’s autopsy revealed he had almost 0 percent body fat. Such a small amount of body fat could have hastened his demise, experts say.

“You need body fat for cellular function, energy use and to pad the joints and organs,” said Carol Garber, professor of movement sciences at Columbia University in New York City. “Having too little can lead to nutritional deficiencies, electrolyte imbalances and malfunction of the heart, kidney and other organs.”

Men require at least 3 percent body fat and women at least 12 percent in order for the body to function properly, Garber said. Below that is where you start to see serious health problems. Sometimes it leads to organ failure and death, she added.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

webenda

Postby webenda » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 am

Notice the late Mr. Munzer's skin color? He coated himself with Dihydroxyacetone and Erythrulose. These chemicals react with the amino acids in the protein keratin the major component of the skin surface. Different amino acids react to DHA in different ways, producing different tones of coloration from yellow to brown. The resulting pigments are called melanoidins. These are similar in coloration to melanin, the natural substance in the deeper skin layers which brown or "tan", from exposure to UV rays.

Dihydroxyacetone is on the FDA's list of approved cosmetic ingredients.
Erythrulose is not currently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a self-tanning agent.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:15 pm

He got what he deserved. He wanted to be the most muscular and he was. Disgusting.

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:49 pm

webenda wrote:.........Dihydroxyacetone and Erythrulose......

Free radical initiators of ROS - great pathway to a good healthy case of melanoma and other ailments.......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:42 pm

What woman ever said she found that kind of muscle pile attractive, I wonder.
It almost looks like some kind of new livestock species.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:What woman ever said she found that kind of muscle pile attractive, I wonder.
It almost looks like some kind of new livestock species.

Good one Murph.I was thinking something like that but didn't know how to put it. You got it.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”