How Stupid Are They?

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:Advil yes, think I'll just go stand out in the cold nekkid for a total ice pack experience :lol:

That will lead to other problems, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:Advil yes, think I'll just go stand out in the cold nekkid for a total ice pack experience :lol:

Please don't!!! You'll stampede the penguins!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:00 pm

E7 wrote:

Please don't!!! You'll stampede the penguins!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too late!

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Yes, shrinkage :P

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Tom Dempsey wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Yes, shrinkage :P

There's a kick stand joke in here, too, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:45 pm

OK, instead of going outside nekkid I spent the past 2 hours watching (again) "Road To Perdition" with Tom Hanks and Paul Newman.

What an excellent movie, watch it every chance I get. Next up is "The Last Samurai" with Tom Cruise. He's nuts but his movies are pretty good.

Knee hurts like hell :oops:
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:21 pm

One of the nice things about ordering books from Amazon is, if you can't afford the price of a new copy, Amazon lists prices from used booksellers right along with the new.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:56 pm

I don't quite understand Amazon's pricing categories, so what are the differences
between those "new", "used", and "collectible" categories? :roll:

But it sure makes me glad that I bought my Compendium copy new when it first came out! :D
Take care,
Wolfgang

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Wolf wrote:I don't quite understand Amazon's pricing categories, so what are the differences between those "new", "used", and "collectible" categories?

Collectible can be anything as far as condition and is just a BS category in my opinion. New is (theoretically) New and with used the condition is generally given for the different entries. What I find amusing with this one is that you can buy it new for less than 1/2 the price of some of the used listings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:59 pm

E7 wrote: What I find amusing with this one is that you can buy it new for less than 1/2 the price of some of the used listings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can do better than that if you are willing to give up the convienience of purchasing via eBay, Amazon, PayPal.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 am

webenda wrote:
E7 wrote: What I find amusing with this one is that you can buy it new for less than 1/2 the price of some of the used listings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can do better than that if you are willing to give up the convienience of purchasing via eBay, Amazon, PayPal.

Wayne,

Thanks for the tip! Didn't really plan to buy this particular book, but it's always good to have several buying options! Another good option is Ron's Books:

http://ronsbooks.com/

As far as convenience, you will probably have to send a check somewhere as a payment, so sending a check is not a big deal.

Usually when I purchase something, it is the signal for merchants to immediately put that item on sale for several dollars less than I just paid! :lol: :lol:

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:49 am

E7 wrote:Usually when I purchase something, it is the signal for merchants to immediately put that item on sale for several dollars less than I just paid! :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah!
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:51 am

webenda wrote:
E7 wrote:Usually when I purchase something, it is the signal for merchants to immediately put that item on sale for several dollars less than I just paid! :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah!

But it's out of stock. :(
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 am

rogruth wrote:But it's out of stock. :(

Of course it is. At that price such books are sold out the same day they go on sale.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:56 am

webenda wrote:You can do better than that if you are willing to give up the convienience of purchasing via eBay, Amazon, PayPal.

Shopping around does tend to pay off.....and being patient tends to amplify that result.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”