Seen in Video

Play nice and have fun...
webenda

Re: Seen in Video

Postby webenda » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:30 pm

up148 wrote:What an absolute asswipe that truck driver was. I hope he goes to jail. He drives like a lot of OK drivers. Most likely texting and didn't see the silver truck pull into his lane. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BH

It was a bus that pulled in front of the Rontech Gaz>>> Truck.

The Bus.
The video takes place on the Ring Road, inner side, near the town of Reutov.
It appears that the bus is moving over to the right in order to make the Ivanovo exit.
Obvious to me the accident was caused by the Rontech driver going way too fast
and the bus pulling in front of the Rontech truck and then slamming the brakes on
in an effort not to miss his exit.

Rontech rear ending bus.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

webenda

Postby webenda » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Loved the music cut from Scream & Shout by will.i.am and Britney Spears. So fitting for driving in any Russian city. :x
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:17 pm

webenda wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I guess one should be able to look up the police report on the accident?

Are Russian police reports public records? If you want to try it, do the search in Russian.

No thanks.

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:But you never ship or transport gas cylinders with regulators attached and the main valve has to have the cap screwed on covering that same valve.

You can see they have their caps on in one of the videos. They are also secured to prevent them from tipping over but on impact the entire truck box failed with some tanks falling out of the bottom of the box (or maybe they are dropping out the front.)[/quote]

You can see, after it's seriously enlarged. :roll:

You can also see the color of the cylinders. Orange is Cyclopropane, Flammability code: 4
Some little tanks are seen rolling on the road. Brown cylinders are Helium.

Are color codes consistent internationally? For that matter, even within the US?

I just got rid of 2 helium tanks - full sized cylinders that were bright blue; never had any cyclopropane tanks.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Are color codes consistent internationally? For that matter, even within the US?

Based on your observation, no.

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I just got rid of 2 helium tanks - full sized cylinders that were bright blue; never had any cyclopropane tanks.....

Blue is Nitrous Oxide. Did you hear a lot of laughing when the helium tanks were in use?
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Here is a helium tank. I can't load my photo tank is green and aluminum. Top half is green. My supplier won't fill it anymore. He no longer supports wasting helium for balloons. Helium supplies are running low. He told me " put balloons on a stick to look like helium balloons. Helium is used in scuba tanks. Under water rescue is more important then a few balloons "
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:55 pm

webenda wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I just got rid of 2 helium tanks - full sized cylinders that were bright blue; never had any cyclopropane tanks.....

Blue is Nitrous Oxide. Did you hear a lot of laughing when the helium tanks were in use?

No. They were used for sparging HPLC solvents on a prep unit.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:14 pm

robert. wrote:Here is a helium tank. I can't load my photo tank is green and aluminum. Top half is green. My supplier won't fill it anymore. He no longer supports wasting helium for balloons. Helium supplies are running low. He told me " put balloons on a stick to look like helium balloons. Helium is used in scuba tanks. Under water rescue is more important then a few balloons "

More real data. Thank you Robert.

Another problem is poor color reproduction in some Youtube videos and my poor color vision. Those brown tanks are not brown.
Comparing the tanks in the video to this high-pressure cylinder color code chart,
and due to the fact that some of them are spewing flames, I have to change my opinion on the color of those short tanks.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Scintillating. :roll:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:01 am

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:34 am

Heard and seen on the TV news this morning, that Nevada's governor is declaring a State of Emergency due to the state's pot growing poorly.
I love so many of the ways the world has changed since I was a kid in the 50's. Love it! :D Murph

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:03 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Heard and seen on the TV news this morning, that Nevada's governor is declaring a State of Emergency due to the state's pot growing poorly.

Spent the tax income before collecting it? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:15 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Boy Vs 800lb bail of hay

https://gfycat.com/ColorlessFoolhardyAm ... ndianhorse

Did anybody ever notice that such daredevil recklessness is most often performed by males, esp. boys, adolescents, and young men. I'm not sure why girls don't usually get into such dangerous stunts. Maybe it has to do with males being warriors, deep in their genes. Or maybe females simply have more sense and would talk all about it in a group before ever acting so recklessly. :?:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:33 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

Did anybody ever notice that such daredevil recklessness is most often performed by males, esp. boys, adolescents, and young men.

The male of the species usually matures between the ears later than the female and at times never quite gets there, :roll:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

Did anybody ever notice that such daredevil recklessness is most often performed by males, esp. boys, adolescents, and young men.

The male of the species usually matures between the ears later than the female and at times never quite gets there, :roll:

I think there is far more to it than that.
I theorize it all goes back to our hunter-gatherer days in pre-history, The men went out to hunt for food. The women, largely useless in such endeavors due to needing to be careful about their bodies esp. when carrying children, stayed in one place and developed language skills further and in a different way than the males. Men gave a premium to being furtive when out hunting, using hand and other such signals (just like in football "huddles" and in locker-rooms with the pre-game simplified diagrams and planning) to communicate. And they certainly could not have a baby along with them, yapping and crying, identifying their location for predators and prey alike. I think that is why a baby's crying is so irritating to male ears, whereas with women, that crying evokes a need to comfort.

Our sports are outgrowths of hunting. Whether it be in such obvious artifacts such as a "pigskin" (literally, a pig's skin, with the head at one end and the butt at the opposite end) in football, as the prey, or accurate javelin throwing and shot-put hurling, all related to accurate hunting, in my estimation. Throw running into that group of hunting-based skills as well. Accurate hitting and aiming. All are related to hunting.

AND take for example what the loyal fans yell to their teams, when referencing what should happen to the opposing team, "KILL Them!" Hunting and warfare. (Remember what the children yelled in "Lord of the Flies" when planning to attack the unknown force, "Kill the pig; slit his throat!" )

Males like bashing things up and slitting throats, as well as the adventure of it all. Females would set up a committee to discuss matters, instead. Of course, the women sure like it when their warriors and hunters are out there defeating enemies and bringing home stuff, too, and "bring home the bacon". Large homes (the old home-fires) and large jewelry, large cars and boats, etc. all signify that the woman has a strong hunter cleaved to her, easily viewable in the wealth of possessions.

I further suggest that kingship, originally, had the notion of "royal blood line" being based in who could aim and kill the best, having trained sons to do so well for the benefit of the whole community, no matter the size. There was reluctance in many cultures to having women take a man's place as king or as chief warrior. For example: Egypt: Hatshepsut and her propensity for wearing a full stylized pharaoh's beard and male headdress when out in public.
Just a thought or two.
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Some girls are daredevils, like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Ko58e5j1c

And then there are those that just do stupid.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw1Gr2DlGNY

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”