Photobucket

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Photobucket

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:46 pm

webenda wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
webenda wrote:Seems to be an on and off proposition. Just now (July 4, 2017, 12:41 PM Tucson time) the locomotive image appears.
If you don't recognize it, it is the McKeen 1916 Box Cab Switcher.

It's off.

It's on (July 4, 2017, 2:02 PM Tucson time.)

5:47 East Coast --> off
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:29 pm

"Jon and I are on the bottom end of free accounts we get auto billed every month" Rufus. Sounds like the AHCA. Free but you gotta pay. Use it while you can things are going to change. Image shack is still free.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

webenda

Postby webenda » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:33 pm

:|
Last edited by webenda on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Roy

Postby Roy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:14 pm

What's the difference between linking and 3rd party hosting?
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:37 pm

I'll take a stab at this toy. Linking is a blue sentence that takes viewers back to photo bucket. Where they can then see your photo. Hosting allows a photo to be viewed on a forum where it is posted (right here MTj).
I think this new system will work for pb. They will be able to cut dead weight. A lot of businesses have pro accounts. Cutting dead weight will speed up their website and make it profitable.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:08 pm

robert. wrote:I'll take a stab at this toy. Linking is a blue sentence that takes viewers back to photo bucket. Where they can then see your photo. Hosting allows a photo to be viewed on a forum where it is posted (right here MTj).

Yes.

I think this new system will work for pb. They will be able to cut dead weight. A lot of businesses have pro accounts. Cutting dead weight will speed up their website and make it profitable.

I suspect that this will become a standard in the near future; the days of free sites for stuff on the internet are numbered.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Roy

Postby Roy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:20 pm

robert. wrote:I'll take a stab at this toy. Linking is a blue sentence that takes viewers back to photo bucket. Where they can then see your photo. Hosting allows a photo to be viewed on a forum where it is posted (right here MTj).

Thanks, Robert and Rufus.

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:...the days of free sites for stuff on the internet are numbered.

The days of free sites for anything, anywhere are numbered. Someday, someone will find a way to charge us for the air we breathe.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Yes.

I suspect that this will become a standard in the near future; the days of free sites for stuff on the internet are numbered.

In a gross stereotyping of an entire generation, I submit the millennials are going to hate that. They don't like to pay for anything. I don't mind paying for services, but in this case I resent the lack of warning and the dismemberment of all of the existing links. Hump 'em I say...

Healey

Roy

Postby Roy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 pm

healey36 wrote:I don't mind paying for services, but in this case I resent the lack of warning and the dismemberment of all of the existing links. Hump 'em I say...

Healey

I think your feelings are perfectly understandable, and fitting. No one should be treated like that. I'm sure we'll hear more on this story, as time goes on.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 am

healey36 wrote:I suspect that this will become a standard in the near future; the days of free sites for stuff on the internet are numbered.

In a gross stereotyping of an entire generation, I submit the millennials are going to hate that. They don't like to pay for anything.[/quote]

I don't know it that's true -- they seem to have no problem paying for their phones and all the services and apps that they can get their hands on.......and money to totally abstract to many of them - I'm pretty sure that some might have never actually physically handled any.

I don't mind paying for services, but in this case I resent the lack of warning and the dismemberment of all of the existing links. Hump 'em I say...

That was indeed a low maneuver. Bury it in a update of the terms in one of the all too many e-mails they send out trying to sell you stuff. Tacky behavior at best.

sarge

Postby sarge » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:38 am

Imagine the blank looks in the eyes of the zombies (looking up for the first time in a decade) when Faecesbook decides to charge the addicts a several-hundred-dollar subscription fee.
No-one ever forgets where they buried the hatchet.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:53 am

sarge wrote:Imagine the blank looks in the eyes of the zombies (looking up for the first time in a decade) when Faecesbook decides to charge the addicts a several-hundred-dollar subscription fee.

I can hardly wait! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:17 am

sarge wrote:Imagine the blank looks in the eyes of the zombies (looking up for the first time in a decade) when Faecesbook decides to charge the addicts a several-hundred-dollar subscription fee.

Nailed that one Sarge! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 am

Never ceases to amaze me how many folks consider Facebook vital to their existence. I don't see anything mission-critical happening there. As a non-user perhaps I just don't understand.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:47 am

healey36 wrote:

Never ceases to amaze me how many folks consider Facebook vital to their existence. I don't see anything mission-critical happening there. As a non-user perhaps I just don't understand.

I am reliably informed that there are a number of model RR'ing discussion groups hosted there.........and maybe that's where a younger set do gather, but I will pass on that for the foreseeable future.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”