Question

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Question

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 pm

rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Roy wrote:For some reason, I thought Rex lived here, in California.

Pretty sure he does live in CA.
Yep. SoCal, home of Representative Maxine Watters :roll:

<snip?
Take their cars away. Do something! Your girl's lives are at stake.

No. Be really cruel and take their phones away, :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The ladies are both 50+ years old. Take their phones away? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Besides, they both have robust husbands who would no doubt interfere vigorously. I suppose I could threaten to disinherit, but they know I wouldn't do that.
Nah, all I can do is bitch.

No. You can spend their inheritance! Buy some trains.....a Lamborghini.....a garlic farm in Chile......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Roy wrote:Tell them you'll report them to the D.A., if they ever do this again.

It's still not against the law in many states.

And in those where it is, not enforced anywhere to the degree needed.

Yes, pretty sad. In OK it's against the law to text, but not to talk while driving. Like a cop can tell. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Both should be banned.

I'd rather be on the road with a drunk, than a texter. See texters weaving in their lane almost every morning. And, going home, there is one b*tch who parks her *ss in the left lane (2 lanes) of a 75 mph toll highway, always doing less than speed limit. My kids tell me it's so she can keep her peripheral vision locked on the center concrete barrier while texting.

She'll come up on someone going under the speed limit in the right lane, slows down and rides on their bumper for miles, with a parade of vehicles behind her. Got a chance to go around her about a week ago from the right lane, swerved in front of her, almost taking her bumper off and haven't seen her in the left lane since. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:16 pm

up148 wrote:.............one b*tch who parks her *ss in the left lane (2 lanes) of a 75 mph toll highway, always doing less than speed limit.

Many states will ticket you for that - they will in VA.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:.............one b*tch who parks her *ss in the left lane (2 lanes) of a 75 mph toll highway, always doing less than speed limit.

Not here. They just installed signs saying "slower traffic keep right", but they're assuming Okies can read or give a damn. :D We had the same signs in the KCMO area 20 years ago.

Truck drivers are really becoming problems too. Never saw so many speeding and rude truckers as we have here. Lot's of oil well trucks running around with pumped oil and fracking water and they don't care about anything. And weaving on the road by truckers was something we never saw back in the day. Almost got hit passing a truck (in the fast lane) earlier this week, when he decided to change lanes after I was already past the rear of his trailer. They must be hiring some real morons these days.

Also, more debris on these roads than anywhere else I've lived. Drove for 40+ years without cracking a W/S but have had to replace 3 in the past 10 years. We can't wait to get out of here.

Off the soapbox for today. :lol: :lol:

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 pm

up148 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Not here. They just installed signs saying "slower traffic keep right", but they're assuming Okies can read or give a damn. :D We had the same signs in the KCMO area 20 years ago.

They will when they figure out how much money it might make for the state,

Truck drivers are really becoming problems too. Never saw so many speeding and rude truckers as we have here. Lot's of oil well trucks running around with pumped oil and fracking water and they don't care about anything. And weaving on the road by truckers was something we never saw back in the day. Almost got hit passing a truck (in the fast lane) earlier this week, when he decided to change lanes after I was already past the rear of his trailer. They must be hiring some real morons these days.

They don't care anymore....

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Wonder what happened to that "knights of the road" thing.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 pm

When they installed automatic transmission all bets were off. Any idiot with a right foot can drive.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:08 am

rex desilets wrote:Wonder what happened to that "knights of the road" thing.

Mythology.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:24 am

Did you know that the knights lifting their visors of their metal helmets for individual and team recognition and camaraderie (as I'd term it) is where the military developed the tradition of saluting via a hand raised up to the forehead ? :)
"Doing wrong is like a joke to a fool." Proverbs 10: 21-28

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 am

Also that your hand did not have a weapon in it.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 am

rogruth wrote:Also that your hand did not have a weapon in it.

I thought that was the origin of the hand-wave as one walked or rode up to somebody.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 am

New Question:
Has anybody ever figured out the purpose, physiologically, of the appendix? Was it digestion, originally?
"Doing wrong is like a joke to a fool." Proverbs 10: 21-28

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 am

Sure and No! It's a section or table of additional matter at the end of a book or document. When Moses wrote the bible, he used an appendix and cliff notes to help him put it all together.

God I love Fridays!!! No more work for two days. Wahooooooooooooo..........................!

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 am

up148 wrote:Sure and No! It's a section or table of additional matter at the end of a book or document. When Moses wrote the bible, he used an appendix and cliff notes to help him put it all together.

God I love Fridays!!! No more work for two days. Wahooooooooooooo..........................!

Butch has clearly hit the bar way early today and/or is channeling his inner Irwin Corey, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 am

Yes, I need that head slapping smilie here. :roll: :roll:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”