What's happening to large cities

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

What's happening to large cities

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:48 pm

...in the USA ? For example, the statistic was released , today, that there have been 92 fatal shootings so far in Chicago in 2017, as of today.

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Re: What's happening to large cities

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:18 pm

Have you checked Detroit :shock: ?
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Murph, don't forget the 401 shot and wounded in Chicago or the other 7 killed by knife,bat or hands. It all starts with the lack of parents and ends with catch and release.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Ask yourselves what party runs almost all US cities :evil:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 pm

The majority of the shootings and killing are caused by DRUGS and GANGS and it is just in a few districts not all over Chicago. After the justice department tied the hands of the police, the police have backed off. If a white police officer kills a black criminal all h e l l breaks loose with protests and riots. But when 700 blacks kill each other over drugs and gang affiliation. Nothing happens. Just another day in the ghetto.

The lame stream media and the democrats will blame it on guns and poverty. The really sad part is that a lot of innocent children have been killed that were not involved with the drugs or gangs.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:20 pm

rex desilets wrote:Ask yourselves what party runs almost all US cities :evil:

Rex,
Although I may understand you I do not understand why this happens. It implies that that "party" is in favor of the killing of its own citizens.
It seems that this would lead to a lessening of potential party members. Or is there some sort of hidden conspiracy? I really do not understand why
this would be condoned.Maybe I am just naive.
I don't understand why people riot/protest and tear up their own neighborhoods. It just seems to add to their own woes. I guess they get to show others
that they are unhappy about something but when it is over little is changed except the more devastated area they now live in. Also those they protest against have little sympathy for them. Oh well.
I do not expect to see improvement in my lifetime.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:13 pm

It's the result of BOTH parties hubris and self interest. Maybe BOTH parties should worry more about America and less about winning the next election. Trying to claim one party or the other is to blame is like walking while keeping your eyes firmly on the front of your own shoes. Sooner or later, well you know...

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:50 pm

I can't explain but IMO it is way beyond the "Parties".
I don't understand why the bankers, the politicians, the Wall Street users, etc., etc. want to have our country messed up when it will hurt them so much?
How and why did we allow our country to become so indebted to China? We have had explanations about this for years with none that really have answers that the general population can understand and i really don't believe those that claim to understand.I do consider myself to be an average person, no more, no less. All that I see coming from the great enlightenment that we are having today in our country is the end of it as we know it. Yes, many would like for it to change but to what? Oh I know that we are way beyond that old fashioned stuff in our Constitution but I haven't seen or heard anything better. I am 82 and have said this before and don't mean to be morose but maybe I will be dead before the United States dies and becomes part of that great worldwide United Nations of Earth with no pride or real reason to exist except as individuals. Sorry. :( :( :( :( :(
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:01 am

Corruption is a way of life for the democrats in Chicago.
A point of interest is the party leanings of the city. For much of the last century, Chicago has been considered one of the largest Democratic strongholds in the United States. For example, the citizens of Chicago have not elected a Republican mayor since 1927, when William Thompson was voted into office. Brian Doherty was the only Republican council member in recent decades.

Research released by the University of Illinois at Chicago reports that Chicago and Cook County's judicial district recorded 45 public corruption convictions for 2013 and 1642 convictions since 1976 when the Department of Justice began compiling statistics. This prompted many media outlets to declare Chicago the "corruption capital of America"

Gradel and Simpson's Corrupt Illinois (2015) provides the data behind Chicago's corrupt political culture. They found that a tabulation of Federal public corruption convictions make Chicago "undoubtedly the most corrupt city in our nation," with the cost of corruption "at least" $500 million per year.

Who helped Barack Obama avoid the taint of Chicago corruption?
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... tion_.html

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:21 am

I mentioned Chicago because its murder rate was in the news recently, but it was suggested as an example of what is happening.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:51 am

rogruth wrote:How and why did we allow our country to become so indebted to China?

Look in the mirror, dude...(1) our collective unwillingness to do the things necessary to balance the U.S. budget (cut spending/raise taxes) has resulted in massive deficits that have been financed by the U.S. Government selling treasuries (bonds), nearly all of which were bought up by foreign countries (U.S. treasuries pay comparatively decent rates and are viewed as safe), and (2) our never-ending undercutting of U.S. producers by buying cheap crap made overseas. Wrap that up with a near-total failure of political leadership and you have the perfect storm.

We have degenerated into a "me-first" society...until we turn the corner on that the prospects for change are slim.
Last edited by healey36 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:53 am

Tom Dempsey wrote:It's the result of BOTH parties hubris and self interest. Maybe BOTH parties should worry more about America and less about winning the next election. Trying to claim one party or the other is to blame is like walking while keeping your eyes firmly on the front of your own shoes. Sooner or later, well you know...

Right - there are too many folks that just want to find and affix blame to further their agendas w/o bothering to look as cause and effect.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:04 am

How about each and every one of those individuals who shot and murdered somebody else being held responsible for himself and for his own actions and life and lifestyle ?

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:09 am

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:Have you checked Detroit :shock: ?

Indeed. And which others have become part of the fray?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:21 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:How about each and every one of those individuals who shot and murdered somebody else being held responsible for himself and for his own actions and life and lifestyle ?

Of course; by all means. But maybe also looking to see how these folks got to where they are and fixing the problems that cause this should also be addressed; life and situations are not always in one's control. Otherwise it's not going to stop and there are going to be more people locked up that we can afford; just treating the symptom and nor curing the disease - not a sustainable solution.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”