Favorite TV shows, series, or programs? Or, TV you've hated:

Play nice and have fun...
Tom Dempsey

Re: Favorite TV shows, series, or programs? Or, TV you've hated:

Postby Tom Dempsey » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:04 pm

We shall see if your arguments hold up when the eventual trials began, this guy doesn't have the intellectual illumination President Nixon did, so it's unlikely he'll leave when the writing is on the wall.

Roy

Postby Roy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:43 pm

Roy wrote:I think the thing I found most alarming, were Mr. Comey's comments about Russian attempts to manipulate our election. Apparently, this sort of thing has been going on for decades - but not to the extent seen in 2016.
HONDO74 wrote:We have been doing the same thing to other countries that we perceive to be our enemy. We even do it to our friends.

Yes, I know we've replaced democratic governments with pro-American dictatorships. This is how the Shah and Pinochet got their jobs. I don't know which friendly governments we've messed with.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:52 am

Tom Dempsey wrote:We shall see if your arguments hold up when the eventual trials began, this guy doesn't have the intellectual illumination President Nixon did, so it's unlikely he'll leave when the writing is on the wall.

I don't have any arguments and I have no idea what trials you are talking. Nixon was a 100% politician. Trump is not a politician, but give him time and he will learn to speak with a forked tongue like the rest of the politicians. I didn't vote for Nixon and I didn't for Trump during the primaries. But I sure as H E L L was not going to vote for Clinton.

Special counsel Mueller and Comey are best friends and buddies. No way that investigation will be impartial.

Comey had been investigating Russia and collusion for almost a year and has said several times that Trump was not under investigation. Comey investigated Clinton for over a year. “Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.”

So do you have any clear evidence that Trump obstructive justice. Not according to what Comey said today. And that is all you have.

And today Comey said he leaked his memo's to the NY Times. He just lost all of his credibility today.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 am

Roy wrote:
Roy wrote:I think the thing I found most alarming, were Mr. Comey's comments about Russian attempts to manipulate our election. Apparently, this sort of thing has been going on for decades - but not to the extent seen in 2016.
HONDO74 wrote:We have been doing the same thing to other countries that we perceive to be our enemy. We even do it to our friends.

Yes, I know we've replaced democratic governments with pro-American dictatorships. This is how the Shah and Pinochet got their jobs. I don't know which friendly governments we've messed with.

Germany for one. Ask Angela Merkel. She was very upset when she found out the Obama administration had been listening in on her phone calls.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... s-ago.html

Barack Obama 'approved tapping Angela Merkel's phone 3 years ago'
President Barack Obama was told about monitoring of German Chancellor in 2010 and allowed it to continue, says German newspaper

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:31 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Roy wrote:

Germany for one. Ask Angela Merkel. She was very upset when she found out the Obama administration had been listening in on her phone calls.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... s-ago.html

Barack Obama 'approved tapping Angela Merkel's phone 3 years ago'
President Barack Obama was told about monitoring of German Chancellor in 2010 and allowed it to continue, says German newspaper

As if she did not know it already........ Everybody spies on everybody; start with that and you're a lot closer to reality.

What she was more upset about was that it got made public, :roll:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:35 am

HONDO74 wrote:Special counsel Mueller and Comey are best friends and buddies. No way that investigation will be impartial.

And Jeff Sessions, Trumps best buddy heading up DoJ appointed Mueller, a Republican, was a Bush appointed FBI Director for 10 years......you may be jumping to unsubstantiated conclusions.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:00 am

All pure politics.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:05 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Special counsel Mueller and Comey are best friends and buddies. No way that investigation will be impartial.

And Jeff Sessions, Trumps best buddy heading up DoJ appointed Mueller, a Republican, was a Bush appointed FBI Director for 10 years......you may be jumping to unsubstantiated conclusions.

Since Trump was never a part of any government organization and is not a politician how is it that Sessions is his best buddy. What's the connection. Was he a part of any business that Trump owned ?

I am not a big fanboy for Trump. I was betting that Clinton would be our president. I always thought that Trump was to arrogant to be president but at this point I can't see how the Russians had anything to do with Trump being elected.

Clinton defeated herself and she is also arrogant plus she has a forked tongue. Depending on who she is pandering to controls what side of her mouth she is speaking out of. :wink: :mrgreen:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:23 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Everybody spies on everybody; start with that and you're a lot closer to reality.

That was my point about the NSA. every country deals in this. The problem is we haven't learned to protect ourselves from it happening to us. Now all the government organization have to figure is how to kept all the insiders from spilling the beans on what they are doing..

Like this young lady by the name of "Reality Winner" I think her name is now Reality Loser :lol: from sending classified info to news organizations
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/ ... index.html

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:34 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Everybody spies on everybody; start with that and you're a lot closer to reality.

That was my point about the NSA. every country deals in this. The problem is we haven't learned to protect ourselves from it happening to us. Now all the government organization have to figure is how to kept all the insiders from spilling the beans on what they are doing..

Our ineptitude seems legendary and a source of humor to the rest of the world; the most powerful greatest county in the world regularly hangs it's dirty laundry out for all to see....

Like this young lady by the name of "Reality Winner" I think her name is now Reality Loser :lol: from sending classified info to news organizations
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/ ... index.html

Well, they caught her in 2 days, but then she used her work e-mail to send stuff........there are appliance bulbs brighter than her. Which then begs the question of why the Gov't hires people only slightly smarter than a stump.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:37 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Since Trump was never a part of any government organization and is not a politician how is it that Sessions is his best buddy. What's the connection. Was he a part of any business that Trump owned ?

He was the loudest Senator fanboy.....last year campaigning for Trump.

Depending on who she is pandering to controls what side of her mouth she is speaking out of. :wink: :mrgreen:

That applies to ~537 others downtown, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:12 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

That's because they are all politicians. That's the way they operate. Trump hasn't learned how to be a politician yet. That may never happen. He is stubborn like a Jack A$$. Maybe a 2X4 up side the head will get his attention one of these days. :wink:

I like the fact that he is combative with the "Liberal" media. A good piece of hickory up the side of their heads won't work.

Harry Truman was probably the last non PC president we had. If he thought you were an SOB he called you an SOB. :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

That's because they are all politicians. That's the way they operate. Trump hasn't learned how to be a politician yet. That may never happen. He is stubborn like a Jack A$$. Maybe a 2X4 up side the head will get his attention one of these days. :wink:

just taking his phone away would be a better action.........

I like the fact that he is combative with the "Liberal" media. A good piece of hickory up the side of their heads won't work.

He's combative with all the media........whenever they say anything he doesn't like. He needs to get over that stupidity - it's part of the job. This has to the WH that has not learned to just STFU.

Harry Truman was probably the last non PC president we had. If he thought you were an SOB he called you an SOB. :mrgreen:

He took his share of heat for it, too. Had to apologize a few times, but that "The Buck Stops Here" mentality is something I liked about him - he accepted responsibility and did not constantly try to blame everyone else.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:59 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Now that's something we can both agree on. :wink: I am surprised one of the kids hasn't taken it away from him. :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:03 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Now that's something we can both agree on. :wink: I am surprised one of the kids hasn't taken it away from him. :mrgreen:

They seem to be a good bit more mature with better judgment in that department.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”