"...What a long, strange trip it's been..."

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: "...What a long, strange trip it's been..."

Postby robert. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:45 am

Murph. I don't know where WARREN KAMPF lives. I drove by his office. It'a an old railroad depot that he works out of. Tax payer money rents it for him.
this may show a photo. https://www.google.com/maps/place/1501+ ... 0296?hl=en

It's the little building on the left hand side.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 am

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:BATHROOMS:

Turn all the large, public, multi-stalled bathrooms into individual bathrooms with a toilet and sink and put DOORS AND LOCKS on them!!! No need for a sign designating a persons "orientation" only sign needed should say BATHROOM.

If the door doesn't open when you pull on it, it's occupied :roll:

This is not rocket science, people are making this harder than it actually is.

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:57 pm

webenda wrote: In the past random people would drive into my driveway, walk into my house and ask, "Where's the bathroom?"

So what is it about your house that promotes this behavior?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:02 pm

I don't have a vicious dog like all my neighbors.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:37 pm

You are way more tolerant than I can ever imagine myself to be Wayne. If a stranger walks into my house unannounced, for any reason, they'll be going out running or carried out. In today's world you can't allow this behavior. This is absolute BS. Put up a sign that says pet rattlesnakes inside. That will stop them entering, but your front lawn make take some abuse. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

These people just astound me in their behavior.

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:04 pm

webenda wrote:I don't have a vicious dog like all my neighbors.

Neither do I, but no one comes to my door to use the bathroom.

I was thinking that maybe your house was right next to some historical site and they mistook your house to be part of it all.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:33 pm

I theorize it's likely his welcoming courtyard (if I am remembering Casa Webenda correctly.)

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:39 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I theorize it's likely his welcoming courtyard (if I am remembering Casa Webenda correctly.)

Maybe he should spread a few skeletons about to set the mood and discourage unwanted visitors, :wink: :wink:

I have some zombie flamingos that do the trick, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Don't forget, he has that kitty.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Turn all the large, public, multi-stalled bathrooms into individual bathrooms with a toilet and sink and put DOORS AND LOCKS on them!!! No need for a sign designating a persons "orientation" only sign needed should say BATHROOM.

I agree with you, Rufybabes, that is a brilliant idea, although I would suggest the door signs read "Rest Rooms." A sink and a pot, just like in airplanes. Case closed.

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I have some zombie flamingos that do the trick, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drift On - My mother-in-law, when she lived in Vicksburg MS, had a neighbor that had a sled pulled by 7 pink flamingos, with Santa holding the baby Jesus, in her front yard. Mardi Gras beads would periodically show up on both Santa, Jesus, and the Rudolph Flamingo :wink: - Drift Off
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Drift? What drift? I don't see no stinkin' drift.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:28 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I agree with you, Rufybabes, that is a brilliant idea, although I would suggest the door signs read "Rest Rooms." A sink and a pot, just like in airplanes. Case closed.

While a "rest" surely might be achieved, and while there is also usually no bath (we have some with showers at work), could just adopt that standard of the signage of WC - water closet - and move on down the hall.....

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Seaboard Air Line Fan wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I have some zombie flamingos that do the trick, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drift On - My mother-in-law, when she lived in Vicksburg MS, had a neighbor that had a sled pulled by 7 pink flamingos, with Santa holding the baby Jesus, in her front yard. Mardi Gras beads would periodically show up on both Santa, Jesus, and the Rudolph Flamingo :wink: - Drift Off

I'm going to have zombie gnomes rising up out of the ground next year, :!:

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:43 pm

I can put two Great Danes in the front yard right now; Mariah and Rambo. Their bark is so ferocious I don't think anybody would dare try to get in the house. (Of course, if an assailant would run straight at them, they'd both hi-tail it around the back of the house, barkin' the whole time). A case of bark worse than bite. Lots of people are afraid of dogs. When we had Marshall, (a 225 lb. Great Dane), he was out in the yard when the Avon delivery truck was bringin' my wife's orders. Avon guy gets out of the truck and unloads the four boxes of goods, turns around, and there stands Marshall. The guy started screamin' like a little girl. My wife heard the commotion and went out; the guy's still screamin'! She called Marshall, he comes prancin' over and she puts him in the house; had to wait for the delivery guy to compose himself to get her order. Another time, two punks came to the house lookin' to cause a little trouble with my middle son. They didn't know that both Marshall and Major were out in the yard. The dogs came screamin' around the house from the back yard, both barkin' visciously at the intruders, who both leaped up on the hood of their car. My wife came out, just as one of the punks said "I pissed my pants"!. The wife said she laughed so hard, she nearly did it too! She called off the dogs, and the kids left. Dogs didn't even get to bite anybody. :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”